Basilico Italian Restaurant
Filed in best italian restaurant | March 23, 2016
Located on the second level of the five-star Regent Hotel, Basilico is an award-wining Italian Restaurant with a posh look. Although both the a la carte and buffet menus are on offer, the buffet certainly makes a name for the restaurant.
- Good value weekday lunch buffet: Basilico is famous for its weekday lunch buffet. For the price of S$50++, no other Italian restaurants in town offer such high quality buffet like Basilico does. The buffet spread is not huge, but the top-notch quality of antipasti and desserts makes it a steal.
- Brilliant selection of antipasti: Designed for a perfect start for an Italian meal, but Basilico’s antipasti, to many people, is more than that. This restaurant’s antipasti taste so good that many diners are lost in its world and forget the mains. The presence of a beautiful selection of cold cuts, salads, cheeses, seafood, bread, olive oil and vinegars creates powerful pull while premium items like parma ham and rock melon highlights your meal.
- Dazzling homemade gelatos for a perfect end: The dessert counter features an authentic array of Italian desserts for everybody to complete the meal. Want something excellent? The restaurant’s smooth, rich and creamy gelatos, praised as one of the best gelatos in Singapore, are there to make you melt.
The 5 Best Italian Restaurants in Singapore
Weekday lunch buffet (S$50++): For weekday buffet lunch, there are three buffet stations – antipasti, hot, dessert
– Antipasti: Parma Ham & Rock Melon, Mussel Salad, Seafood Salad, “Fregola” Sarda Pasta Salad with Seafood, Marinated Anchovies, Cheeses (Smoked Mozzarella, Fior di Latte, Bocconcini di Bufala, Puglia Ricotta, Cuore di Blue), Pachino Tomatos and more
– Hot dishes: Roasted Leg of Lamb, Roasted Pork Belly, Chicken Stew, Braised Bell Pepper, Sauteed Asparagus, Pizzas, Pasta, Daily Soup and more
– Desserts: Homemade Gelatos, Chilled Cup Desserts, Italian Cakes and Tarts
Saturday Lunch Buffet ($58++): Full Italian buffet spread with antipasti, mains and desserts
Sunday Brunch Buffet ($92++): Full Italian buffet spread with a highlight of live cooking stations, a cheese room and foie gras bar
Daily Semi Buffet Dinner ($82++): Italian antipasti and dessert buffet, with a choice of main course
Basilico features two dining areas, indoor and alfresco ones. The alfresco area, overlooking the swimming pool, can hold 33 guests while the indoor one can accommodate up to 202. A private room available is suitable for large groups. This five-star hotel restaurant has gorgeous interior with an impressive walk-in wine cellar.
Basilico’s ambience is very welcoming and soothing, perfect for a leisurely lunch with friends or a romantic dinner.