Big Mama Korean Food
Filed in best korean restaurant | March 15, 2016
In spite of a newly opened restaurant, Big Mama attracts large numbers of Korean cuisine lovers. The restaurant has been started as an idea of Big Mama who was a former maths and science teacher. She decided to utilize her experience in cooking Korean food to serve Korean students studying in Singapore. She has succeeded in attracting customers from different backgrounds, indeed.
- A place to have one of the best Dakgalbi in Singapore: It is hard to find a Korean restaurant serving Dakgalbi in town. Fortunately, Big Mama offers Dakgalbi as one of its two signature dishes. Tender chicken chunks, vegetables, rice cake, sweet potato, and spicy sauce are included as ingredients, pan-fried on the spot at your table. The dish is delicious to taste and entertaining to watch. And the best is to save a small portion of your Dakgalbi in the pan and add a bowl of rice (S$3) to be fried with remaining foods. The fragrant fried rice will certainly satisfy both your palate and stomach.
- Big Mama is there for those who want to experience Korean home style cooking: Just like mom cooks for her child and so does Big Mama. A lot of Korean students have flocked to this homely eatery to enjoy a taste of home.
- More Korean specialties on the menu: At Big Mama, you can find more than just Korean popular dishes such as grilled meats, bibimbap and ginseng chicken soup. With around 30 items, the restaurant offers you a beautiful selection of dishes that are closer to daily local meals.
The 5 Best Korean Restaurants in Singapore
There are six complimentary and refillable side dishes served at Big Mama (kimchi, spinach, crunchy lotus roots, japchae, water-chestnut cake and ikan bilis). While all the banchan are pretty good, the standout is the kimchi.
– Dakgalbi (S$15/pax, min 2 pax)
– Suyuk ($25/$40)
– Seafood pancake (S$15)
– Grilled mackerel (S$18)
– Mandoo ramyeon (S$10)
This small casual Korean eatery is located on Kim Tian road which is walkable from Tiong Bahru MRT.
Big Mama has a very simple interior with pictures of signature dishes pasted on the walls to inspire diners with their tantalizing colors. With the presence of Korean diners, Korean TV shows from a screen on a corner and warm service, you will feel like dining in a cozy house of a Korean friend.
Average Price/pax: S$30
– Reservation should be made 2 days in advance.
– Only service charge applies, no GST
You may also like