Filed in best spanish restaurant | March 27, 2016
Inspired by the gritty character of Don Quijote de la Mancha, Don Quijote is on a quest for introducing the best Spanish food to locals and expats in Singapore. This tapas bar and restaurant is located at the famous Dempsey Road and offers an extensive array of authentic Spanish dishes that could take you back to the country-side of Spain. At some point, you might even need the assistance of Don Quijote’s knowledgeable waiters for food recommendation.
- Extensive menu: Don Quijote has something for everyone. With over 100 dishes listed on its menu, you will be spoilt for choice. It is worth noting that Spaniards often have a tight-knit family, so they are used to eating in a large group of setting. As a result, the dishes may vary from greens, meat, to seafood. At Don Quijote, fans of seafood or meat will be pampered, and even the kids can find a menu that fits them perfectly.
- Affordable weekend brunch buffet for adults and kids: This is the perfect time to go on a tapas spree without breaking the bank. Laid out on the buffet table are the 16 tapas dishes plus a couple of soups, pasta, meaty dishes, salads, and desserts. You can pair the foods with juices and soft drinks (S$38++). At the price of S$58++, your meal will be complemented by free-flow supply of beers, wines, and sangria.
- Cook-to-order live seafood: A Spanish restaurant wouldn’t be complete without its seafood fare but what sets Don Quijote apart from its competitors is its cook-to-order fresh from the market style. Pick amongst baked live whole snapper, baked Boston Lobster, Clams in white wine jus, and Gambas al Ajillo. The seafood market menu is only available on weekends.
- Tomahawk steak for sharing: Recommended to meat lovers, the steak meat is of 400-day grain-fed Australian Wagyu variety and does come in premium cuts (bone-in rib steak). However, it must be pre-ordered one day in advance as Don Quijote lives up to its promise of serving you with fresh food only.
- Spain-only wines and other wine selections: Over 100 Spanish wine labels to choose from, which is a nice touch for Spanish expats who do miss having their regular glass of local wines back home. The list includes vintages from Arzuaga and Vega Sicilia wineries as well as sommelier and red/white wines from other countries. Wine pairing recommendations are also available upon request.
The 5 Best Spanish Restaurants in Singapore
– Special Paella
– Garlic Fried Live Prawns
– Croquetas con Jamon
– Tenderloin Steak Cubes with Blue Cheese
– Ox-tail Stew
– Pollo al Chilindron
– Arroz Negro Paella
– Bomba de Chocolate
Don Quijote is located amidst an array of restaurants along Dempsey Road. Being a family and pet-friendly eatery, it sports a down-to-earth and rustic look with subdued lighting and simple furniture arrangement, while the yellow wall paint does give off a very homely ambiance to it. The dining area is spacious and guests won’t feel rushed as they savour the food thoroughly. However, the weekend brunch buffet can change this quiet scene significantly from spacious Monday to jam-packed Sunday, for example.
Average Price/Pax: S$60
You may also like