Gelatissimo @ Shaw House
Filed in best gelato singapore | March 28, 2016
Inspired by mainly Italian recipes, Gelatissimo is yet another gelateria in Singapore that plays host to the best gelato in town. Guests particularly loved the fruit-based gelati for they taste naturally fruity and refreshing. This holds true in Singapore where the warm weather can make you sweat a lot; and thus, a cup of gelato would come in to quench your thirst.
- Refreshingly sweet fruit-based gelati: One would know that a fruity gelato is indeed made with real ingredients if it tasted as naturally flavorful as the real fruit, the natural fruit colour blended well with the mixture, and the icy tidbits melt away too quickly. Few examples of flavours include strawberry, coconut, mango, and lychee.
- Indulge in a gluten-free and dairy-free dessert: Some gelati and sorbet flavours are essentially fruit and sugar at the base. Therefore, people with celiac disease and vegans might find Gelatissimo the best haven for their guilty pleasures. All flavours are freshly churned on-site!
- A plethora of award-winning Italian ice cream flavours: Laid out in the counter beautifully, each gelato is stacked on a metal bin to retain its freshness and support it stably. Simple flavours like salted caramel, hazelnut, and mango might offer a good start, while the unique flavours like burnt caramel & pecan, chocolate truffle, and Red Bull could be enough reason to go back.
- Up to 3 flavour combinations: While most ice cream parlours only allow two flavour combinations, Gelatissimo provides some more room for play and experimentation to its customers. This is perfect for diners who love mixing different ice cream flavours and won’t regret it regardless of the outcome.
- Open until 1AM on weekends: Shaw House outlet must be your go-to place for a quick gelato fix after having a good movie time at Lido.
The 5 Best Gelato Shops in Singapore
The menu is extensive as Gelatissimo aims to develop new and exciting flavours regularly. A mixture of simple and unique flavours can attract a person with a sweet tooth but it’s the presentation that seals the deal at first sight. Sorbets, sundaes, cakes and pastries, waffles, and coffee are also being offered at its café-style gelateria.
– Passion Fruit
– Toasted Almond
– Rum & Raisin
The outlet at Shaw House is particularly popular among the frequent guests because the location is convenient and accessible. The small shop sits close to the escalators that take you up to Lido, so after watching a movie, a cup of gelato at Gelatissimo is a sure way of capping the day off. Although located inside a mall, the ambiance does seem welcoming and warm. Thanks to the friendly and ever-smiling staff!
Average Price/Pax: S$7
You may also like