Gunther’s Modern French Cuisine
Filed in best french restaurant | September 24, 2016
Gunther's restaurant by the Garibaldi group is an award-winning restaurant serving modern French cuisine. With classy ambience, good service and yummy dishes, Gunther's is an ideal choice for business meeting or celebration.
- Cold angel hair pasta, Oscietra caviar, a gorgeous creation of chef Gunther: The dish looks simple but it turns out to be divine in flavor, marked by top notch ingredients of truffle and Oscietra caviar. Once enjoying this Gunther’s signature dish, you may forget everything eaten before.
- Good value weekday set lunch menu: Fine dining on a budget? It is what Gunther offers in its weekday lunch set. With S$38++, diners will have a delicious three-course meal in an elegant setting and with good service.
- Daily specials: Chef Gunther doesn’t change his menu regularly, but he knows how to make his offers always new by using a “daily special cart”. Those on the cart are what can never be found on menu, but can be touched by hands when the cart full of best in-season produce is showed at your tables. How delightful it is when your eyes are feasted on gorgeous ingredients and your ears are filled with the good words of how dishes will be prepared from those ingredients. Don’t forget to ask the price as special foods always come with special price tags.
The 5 Best French Restaurants in Singapore
Look & Feel
Nestled in a shop house along a small street, Gunther’s has a tasteful and elegant setting. The dark earth tones make the place calm for a relaxing dining experience. The restaurant can accommodate up to 43 guests with 25 in the main dining room and 18 in its two private rooms.
Gunther’s menu presents French cuisine in modern cooking methods, leaving dishes light and innovative. The a la carte menu consists of Hors D’oeuvre, Specialties with Caviar, Soups, Fish & shellfish, Meats, Cheese, and Desserts. Under chef Gunther’s hands, classic dishes are refreshed to be listed under those categories.
– Carpaccio of Wagyu beef, Tartare style, crispy potato
– Roast smoked foie gras, mousseline of green apple
– Cold angel hair pasta, Oscietra caviar
– Grilled US tenderloin, bone marrow, bordelaise sauce
– Whole roasted Maine lobster “thermidor”
– Fine apple tart “a la dragees”, Havana rum raisin ice-cream
– Hors D’oeuvre: S$18.00 – S$40.00
– Specialties with Caviar: S$60.00 – S$68.00
– Soups: S$18.00 – S$45.00
– Fish & shellfish: S$38.00 – S$85.00
– Meats: S$45.00 – S$90.00
– Cheese: S$25.00
– Desserts: S$20.00 – S$35.00
You may also like