Hajah Maimunah at Jalan Pisang
Filed in best halal restaurant | March 27, 2016
Established since the 90s, Hajah Maimunah is one of the best Halal restaurants in Singapore, famous for serving Malay food in traditional Kampung style. It is a perfect place for hungry people who are looking for authentic Malay dishes right in Singapore. This popular restaurant has been featured on Anthony Bourdain’s cookery show.
- Serving some of the most delicious, authentic Malay food in Singapore: For a taste of traditional, home-style Malay dishes, get it at Hajah Maimunah. The restaurant’s signatures such as Beef Rendang (braised beef), Ikan Bakar (grilled fish), Ayam Bakar Padang (grilled chicken) and Tahu Telur (deep-fried beancurd) are real crowd pleasers.
- A “mind-blowing” selection of more than 40 dishes at affordable prices: Heaps of delicious, colourful dishes are displayed in the clean glass panelled cabinet - curries, seafood, vegetables, deep fried fritters and traditional kuihs. And most of the dishes have prices ranging between S$4 and S$6.
- Open for not only lunch and dinner but also breakfast: Malay food lovers have chance to dig into some really fresh, homely breakfast in this restaurant as it is open at 07:00 from Monday to Saturday.
The 5 Best Halal Restaurants in Singapore
Hajah Maimunah is always thronged by huge crowds looking to relish real flavours of Malay cuisine. The restaurant has both indoor and outdoor dining areas to cater for your need.
– Ayam Lemak Chili Padi
– Ikan Bakar
– Beef Rendang
– Lemak Siput Sedut
– Tahu Telor
– Asam Pedas Ikan Pari
– Bubur Cha Cha
– Odeh Odeh
Average Price/Pax: S$10
– Reservation is recommended if you are going in a big group.
– Catering is available for various occasions.