Laurent Bernard Chocolatier at Robertson Quay
Filed in best chocolate bar | March 28, 2016
All good desserts start with passion. Visit Laurent Bernard Chocolatier, you will find Laurent Bernard, a passionate French artisan chocolatier, behind the bar, preparing the finest pieces of desserts. This chocolate bar is mostly frequented by people who are looking to fix their chocolate souffle cravings and please their senses with French-style sweets. Both chocolate lovers and connoisseurs will surely love the wide selections of treats and liqueurs here.
- A dessert place for all-things chocolate: From pastries, cakes, cookies, mooncakes, bars, lollipops, to cocoa powder, every chocolate dessert of Laurent Bernard is awesome. You will meet all of your favorites such as chocolate tart, chocolate lava cake and hot chocolate, and fall in love with new ones. But most importantly, your senses will have a real feast with the stunning look, chocolatey aroma and rich taste of the sweets here.
- Perfectly puffed up and fluffy soufflés: It’s the right way to describe a well-done soufflé, really. Fresh from the oven, every soufflé from the wide soufflé collection of Laurent Bernard is a sure treat to the palate. It is rich in flavour, creamy and moist in consistency, and the taste was even made more intense with the accompaniment of a certain sherbet flavour, depending on your order.
- The best Chocolate Soufflés at Robertson Quay: People specifically drop by at this dessert place for its famous Chocolate Soufflé (S$16.5). It never fails to wow the customers with its high quality chocolate puree, velvety meringue, and creamy raspberry sherbet on the side. All of these are done in less than half an hour so you can only imagine how much dedication the chocolatier must be putting on your chocolate soufflé. Order this and you’ll find heaven on Earth instantly!
- Chocolate mooncakes for special occasions: Perfect for the mooncake festival, these cakes can be ordered in a box of 8 assorted flavours for S$68. Each cake doesn’t contain lotus paste, but is loaded with chocolate batter on the inside and crispy coating on the outside. It can also be a great gift for your family or friends.
- Open till late: The bar doesn’t get any better than this especially for people who get a sudden urge to eat chocolate desserts in unexpected times of the day! Laurent Bernard at Robertson Quay is open till midnight from Tuesdays through Thursdays, and until 01:00 every Friday and Saturday.
The 5 Best Chocolate Bars in Singapore
The menu is expansive with a lot of best-selling items to choose from. Gourmet treats are also available for those who plan on gifting macaroons, cookies, or tuiles to their loved ones. You also won’t go wrong with the French liqueurs here, which leads to the idea of giving alcoholic desserts a try!
– Chocolate Soufflé
– Chocolate Tart
– Pure Chocolate Cake
– Rum and Raisin Soufflé
– Creme Brulee
– Blackforest Cake
– Hot Chocolate
Laurent Bernard Chocolatier at Robertson Quay has a warm and friendly ambiance with its well-lit bar, spacious alfresco dining, and colourful chocolate shelves. Its location near the Singapore River gives a relaxing appeal to the overall atmosphere.
Average Price/Pax: S$15
Laurent at Portsdown Restaurant
5B Portsdown Road #01-02
Tel: (65) 6475 4182
Tue to Thu 10:30 – 22:00
Fri & Sat 10:00 – 23:00
Sun 09:00 – 22:00
You may also like