Filed in best chocolate bar | March 28, 2016
Looking for a dessert place after stuffing yourself with dinner? Max Brenner is the place to be for many chocoholics and connoisseurs. It’s the best chocolate bar in the CBD area and is highly praised for its decadent fondue sets and chocolate drinks. Available in two outlets at Vivo City and Esplanade Mall, Max Brenner is easy to find and its chocolatey fragrance will simply draw you into the bar.
- Vast selection of chocolate-based desserts: A chockfull of chocolate goodies, ranging from the classic cakes, waffles, pizza, cookies, choc bars, fondue, to the DIY food and drink sets such as popsicle chocolate fondue and hot choc shots. Creative and delicious, the chocolate desserts at this chocolate bar will leave the chocoholics stay in love with their favorites forever.
- ‘Suckao’ is a rare gem: The espresso of the crowd-favourite chocolate drinks, Suckao introduces a new and fun way of drinking hot chocolate. The cup looks similar to an eggshell with two openings at the top where a metal straw rests and a heating pad at the bottom to keep the mixture smooth and hot. It is quite an experience – play a new game with your old friend.
- The Melting Chocolate Truffle Heart Cake and Shake: The obvious best-seller at Max Brenner, this dessert is worth drooling for, once you see how the thick molten lava is stuffed at the heart of the cake. It also comes with Vanilla Bourbon ice cream and red berries to intensify the alcohol punch. Drink up the iced milk chocolate shot to keep the overwhelming flavour under control.
- Eat your chocolates the way you like it: There’s enough variation on one serving which gives you that creative freedom to express your chocolate lover side. Simply select those desserts that come in sets like fondue, Suckao hot chocolate, and Max I Scream, and choose which dips you’d like your marshmallows, fruits or ice cream to be coated with.
The 5 Best Chocolate Bars in Singapore
The menu at Max Brenner is so extensive you can’t possibly sample all of it in one seating. Whether you’re in the mood for pastries, creamy drinks, or chocolate dips and bars, this café has got almost anything you could think of. It is also worth noting that some items are quite interesting such as the Mexican spicy hot choc, choc chunks pizza, and coffee blends in a Kangaroo cup.
– Melting Chocolate Truffle Heart Cake & Shake
– Apple Pie Cinnamon Waffles
– Tutti Frutti Waffles
– Banana Spilt Waffles
– Fantastic Popsicle Chocolate Fondue
– Chocolate Chunks Pizza
– Melting Marshmallow Hot Chocolate
Although the Singapore outlets are quite smaller compared to the NY and Sydney ones, the ambiance is kept cosy and relaxing intensified with the subdued lighting and chocolate-themed décor. It’s a great place to celebrate special occasions with mates and relatives, and on a typical late supper, it feels like having a tea and cake party but only you have irresistible chocolates.
Average price/Pax: S$20
@ Esplanade Mall
#01-06/08, Esplanade Mall, 8 Raffles Avenue, 039802
Tel: (65) 6235 9556
Mon – Thu 10:00 – 22:30
Fri & Sat 10:00 – 23:30
Sun 10:00 – 22:30
1 HarbourFront Walk,
Tel: (65) 6278 4218
Mon – Thu 10:00 – 22:00
Fri & Sat 10:00 – 23:00
Sun 10:00 – 22:00
You may also like