Nakhon Kitchen at Hougang Street
Filed in best thai restaurants | March 22, 2016
With two outlets located within walking distance of Hougang Bus Interchange and Kovan MRT, Nakhon Kitchen is one of the most famous casual Thai restaurants in Singapore. This restaurant has won the hearts of many locals because of its authenticity and affordable prices. The dishes are cooked by native Thai chefs and served by Thai staff.
- One of the most affordable casual Thai restaurants in Singapore: Most of the dishes listed under categories of Chicken, Pork, Vegetables, Rice and Noodles are reasonably priced at S$6.00. For seafood dishes, the prices range between S$10.00 and S$12.00. It could be said that Nakhon Kitchen beats every Thai restaurant in giving diners the best deal for delicious Thai foods.
- Great food served fast: No matter how many dishes are ordered, they all will be served at your tables quickly after you are seated. This is because orders are made while diners are in the queue and the staff is efficient in taking orders, setting the tables and delivering the foods. At Nakhon Kitchen, most people are willing to queue and consider the quick service as a compensation for the long queuing time.
- Extremely spicy Tom Yam Soup: A bowl of clear Tom Yam soup at Nakhon Kitchen is a reward for those who love spicy foods. In its extremely spicy soup, there is a generous amount of fresh chosen ingredients like seafood and chicken. The distinctive aroma of lemongrass and the sour taste will knock you out from the first spoon.
The 5 Best Thai Restaurants in Singapore
Nakhon Kitchen offers a decent-sized menu with dishes listed under categories of appetizers, salads, soups, curry, seafood, chicken, beef, pork, vegetables, rice, noodles, desserts and beverages. The portion of Nakhon Kitchen’s dishes is on the small side.
– Pandan Chicken
– Tom Yam
– Green Curry
– Stir-fried Minced Pork with Basil
– Deep Fried Pork with Garlic
– Stir Fried Chicken with Cashew Nuts
– Pad Thai
– Olive Fried Rice
– Thai Iced Milk Tea
– Thai Iced Lemongrass
Average Price/Pax: S$13 (No GST, no service charge)
Look and Feel
Both outlets are designed to be very simple but clean and neat. However, the diner crowd makes these non air-conditioned places a bit noisy.
136 Bedok North Avenue 3 #01-166
Tel: (65) 6245 5548
Daily: 12:00 – 15:00, 17:30 – 22:00