Filed in best shopping malls | May 27, 2017
Despite being a relatively new mall on Orchard Road, Orchard Central is quickly garnering popularity among enthusiastic shopaholics and tourists due to its unique futuristic exterior which sets it apart from all other shopping complexes around it. In a country abundant in shopping malls, Orchard Central definitely offers a unique retail experience by creating a fusion between fashion and art. The mall features a vast collection of modern art installations in its famous Art Trail as well as a myriad of specialty stores with affordable international and regional fashion brands. Alight from MRT Somerset station and the mall is only five minutes away on foot.
- Exciting discounts and promotions for tourists: Orchard Central offers a host of services and promotions for tourists which allows them to avail a 25% discount on selected stores. Tourists may have to present a proof of identity at the concierge desk on the ground floor in order to avail this offer. Shoppers can also avail three hours of complimentary parking upon spending $50 or more on a single receipt.
- An art and entertainment hub on Orchard road: Orchard Central has definitely distinguished itself from other shopping malls on Orchard Road by offering a host of entertainment experiences from its renowned Art Trail to a Roof Garden and Discovery Walk, both of which are operational 24/7. Shoppers can soak in the view of the bustling city from an altitude while enjoying a meal at one of the restaurants at the Roof Garden.
- Indoor sporting activities: The shopping mall is also home to Singapore’s largest indoor climbing wall called Via Ferrata where adrenaline and sports junkies can indulge in a rock climbing session from mid-day till 21:00. This 30 meter tall wall climbs up till the fifth floor of the mall and serves as a main attraction for tourists and locals who’re looking for a day filled with fun and adventure. If you’re looking to torch some extra calories, you might want to head over to the sixth floor which houses a contemporary style yoga studio, Hom Yoga, and a martial arts training facility called Evolve MMA.
- A mouth-watering array of delectable cuisines: From the Mediterranean food court in basement 2 to the Thai barbeque and buffet restaurant Talay Kata, Orchard Central has a lot on its menu to appeal to different palates. A dinnertime buffet at Talay Kata can cost $28.8 per person where you can choose from an array of delectable seafood options such as lobster and king crab and authentic Thai soups and curries. For a taste of authentic Korean food, head on over to K. Cook Korean BBQ Buffet on the seventh floor where you can enjoy a Korean-style BBQ buffet for lunch at $15 per person. To satisfy all your sugary cravings, Jewel Artisan Chocolate on Level 2 offers some of the best pies and cakes during their afternoon high tea costing only $14.80 per person.
10 Best Malls in Singapore for an Ultimate Shopping Experience
GUIDE TO SHOPPING AT ORCHARD CENTRAL
From rock climbing to shopping, fine dining and art appreciation, this epic mega mall, spanning over 14 levels, has a lot to offer and could take an entire day to explore. Make sure to check out this quick guide before you pay a visit to Orchard Central so that you don’t miss out on the mall’s best offerings.
Food court in basement 2: Home to a large European style food court called Med which offers a variety of Mediterranean dishes inspired from European and African cuisines.
International and regional fashion brands: Besides the typical international brands such as Uniqlo – the main tenant of the mall, stretching over three levels – and Desigual, Orchard Central has a host of regional fashion brands that can be found on Level 2, 3, 4 and 5. There’s also a bridal boutique located on level 6 where you can buy or rent a stylish wedding gown for your special day at an affordable price.
Spas & salons on level 3: If you’re looking for a pampering session, you’ve found yourself on the right floor; here you’ll find a few hair and nail studios along with an aesthetics clinic and an eye lash salon called Vivi. The third floor also houses a dancewear manufacturing store called Sonata where all kinds of dance apparel are sold.
Training facilities on level 6: Located on this level are some of the best educational and sports institutions in Singapore including the animation and gaming school, Mages, a school of music and arts (SOMA), a yoga studio and a martial arts facility (Evolve MMA).
- Download the ShopFarEast mobile app and scan your receipts to get bonus points, rewards and inclusion in monthly lucky draw
- Spend $50 or more to get free 3 hours complimentary parking between 11am to 10pm (Mon – Fri except holidays)
HOW TO GET THERE
Nearest MRT station: 5 minute walk from Somerset Station
Bus services: 7, 14, 14e, 16, 36, 65, 77, 106, 111, 123, 124, 128, 1n, 2n, 3n, 4n, 5n, 6n.