Pepper Steakhouse & Bistro
Filed in popular steak | March 27, 2016
Fans of Australian and New Zealand beef steaks might want to take a seat and eat at Pepper Steakhouse & Bistro. This family restaurant offers both grass-fed and grain-fed beef steaks along with a free-flow of fries at reasonable prices.
- Steaks are predominantly grass-fed from New Zealand: Grass-fed steaks like ‘Savannah’ Angus beef, Wakanui, and Wagyu are sourced from New Zealand, while the grain-fed Harvey prime beef and grass-fed Cow Boy Steak are from Australia. Being grass-fed steaks, the mouth-watering beefy flavour comes out naturally once grilled medium-rare and seasoned with salt & pepper. So this could be a win-win situation for the adventurous steak lovers who want to save on money without sacrificing food quality and experience.
- Steaks for sharing: Available in mid-range price, a group of 2 to 3 may feast on an 850g Australia Lamb Rack Bone-in (S$118), 800g/1,300g AU Tomahawk beef with Crushed Green Pepper Corn (S$98/S$158), or the 700g AU Grass-fed Cow Boy Steak with Crushed Pink Pepper Corn (S$78). Whichever you choose, any of these steaks are served with turnip & mustard gratin & garlic sautéed spinach as well as beer batter onion rings. Definitely for the robust foodie!
- Lots of steak sauces to choose from: These sauces are complimentary so don’t be shy to choose one; such as Béarnaise Sauce, Red Wine Sauce, Tasmanian Bush Pepper Sauce, Horseradish Cream, Mustard Sauce, Diane Sauce, or the Hollandaise Sauce.
- A 3-course lunch meal for less than S$20: Order the set lunch menu and that’s all you need for the whole afternoon. It comes with a good variety of mains such as tender pork loin, lamb stew, and a serving of soup, and is definitely perfect for family diners. For a cheap price, the quality of food is worth it.
- Family friendly dining room: Located at the Great World City, Pepper Steakhouse & Bistro is in a quite secluded residential and commercial complex. Unsurprisingly, the restaurant is mainly visited by families so the dining set-up had to be arranged for small and large groups of people. This place could be a great spot for families.
The 5 Popular Restaurants for Steak in Singapore
Being a steakhouse & bistro, the restaurant does offer breakfast, brunch, and steak dinner. You can start your day heavy with Big Breakfast (S$18) or with Grilled sirloin steak (S$24). For dinner, a group of 2 to 3 persons may share over a 1,300g of steak. If you want to keep the meat all by yourself, there’s a variety of signature steaks and mains. A mix of classic and Oriental starters is also available for the vegetarians and meat lovers. The restaurant’s dessert menu can excite your palate, too.
Other Recommended Dishes
– Spinach and Ricotta Cannelloni Pasta
– Crab Cake
– Eggs Benedict
– Prawn & Truffle Linguine
– Chocolate Lava Cake
– Legendary Sticky Date Pudding
Pepper Steakhouse & Bistro looks very American-esque with its wooden wall panels, tables, and leather chairs. The black-white-red scheme and modern lighting fixtures give off a very warm atmosphere. The restaurant is spacious enough to accommodate at least 55 diners. Overall, a mixture of classic-modern steakhouse and bistro, indeed.
Average Price/Pax: S$60-S$70