SKIRT Restaurant @ W Hotel Singapore
Filed in best steakhouse | March 27, 2016
Nestled at the lush and luxurious Sentosa Cove inside Sentosa island, SKIRT Restaurant at W Hotel Singapore is a true steakhouse. Top-of-the-line meat, imported from Argentina, Australia and USA, are cooked to perfection, making all steak lovers satisfied. Pondering over the name? Well, it comes from a unique cut of meat called the skirt steak, used traditionally in Latin American grilling.
- An impressive beef selection: Whether it is Blackmore 9+ Wagyu, Tajima Crossbred Wagyu and Cape Grim Angus from Australia, Black Angus from Creekstone Farms, USA or Donald Russell Irish Aberdeen Angus from Argentina, the dining experience at Skirt is always remarkable with its amazingly luscious steaks.
- Famous Parrilla grill: A striking open kitchen shows off the chef’s culinary craftsmanship with centrally-placed Parilla grill. The occasional burst of flames from the grill guarantees a perfectly charred steaks with mind-blowing smoky flavours.
- Special glass-cased aging cabinets: Step into Skirt, your eyes would be attracted by the aging cabinets displaying choicest cuts of beef alongside specialty cuts of milk-fed lamb, saltbush lamb and venison. It is where the legend begins. Yes, the dry aging guarantees that your meat will full of flavours.
- Unbelievable array of condiments: The steaks here are served with seven condiments and three kinds of mustard that enhance the flavours of the restaurant’s already out-of-the world steaks. There are also six different types of salt, each adding a special touch to the meat dishes.
The 5 Best Steakhouses in Singapore
At Skirt, the premium beef from Parilla Land takes the centre stage. Non-steak options like seafood and poultry dishes are also available. Diners can definitely find ascrumptious selection of salads, starters and desserts on its menu.
– Blackmore Australian Full Blood 9+ Wagyu Skirt Steak
– Seared Giant Scallops with Dashi and Apple
– Skirt Steak Sandwich
– Braised Duck Leg
– Split and Peppered King Prawns
– Cinnamon Poached Maine Lobster
– Braised Dorper Lamb Leg
– Sautéed Portobello Mushroom
– Torched Honey Meringue
– Warm Venezuelan Chocolate Mud Cake
SKIRT’s contemporary setting with beautiful scroll lightings, horn chandeliers, and modern leather sofa seats creates a classy and warm environment for a comfortable fine dining experience. The restaurant also offers outdoor dining area with lush surroundings and Sentosa island views.
– Average price/pax: S$100
– Starter dishes cost from S$15++
– Side dishes cost from S$10++
– Steak dishes cost from S$62++ to S$208++
– Blackmore Australian Full Blood Wagyu Skirt Steak: S$68++
– Black Angus Australian MS5+ Bone-in Striploin Steak: S$104++
– Hereford Grass Fed Ireland Tenderloin Steak: S$62++
– Skirt Blackmore Wagyu Open Burger: S$30++
– Set menus are available from $60++ per person
Smart casual. No shorts, bermudas, open shoes and slippers.
– Reservation is highly recommended
– Diner has to pay S$4 to S$6 per car to access Sentosa island
– Free parking at the hotel car park
– Only children above 8 years of age, accompanied by an adult, are allowed