Tambuah Mas Indonesian Restaurant
With two outlets, located at Paragon Mall and Tanglin Shopping Centre, Tambuah Mas Indonesian Restaurant is a chain of Indonesian restaurant, offering classic Indonesian fare in a clean, air-conditioned environment. Founded in 1981, Tambuah Mas is considered as an Indonesian restaurant with longest history in catering the best Indonesian foods for locals and tourists.
Indonesian home-style cuisine from Padang, Sulawesi, and Java: As one of the oldest Indonesian restaurants in Singapore, Tambuah Mas has won people’s hearts by serving up all the basic dishes from Padang, Sulawesi, and Java. Those dishes are prepared by native Indonesian chefs and using guarded family recipes to maintain the authenticity.
The best version of Tahu Telor: Tambuah Mas’s Tahu Telor is a dish to die for. “Fried cubed beancurd and eggs, topped with spicy-sweet dark sauce” that is all about the ingredients and cooking method. Despite simple ingredients, this dish turns wonderful in the hands of chef. Its crispy and soft texture plus its light and sweet taste makes diners feel heavenly.
Tambuah Mas’s menu is at decent size, covering 10 food categories. Diners can find the best staples of salads, soup, satay, chicken, beef, seafood, vegetables, rice, desserts and drinks. All the foods are at high quality and well-presented. Set menus for large groups are also on offer.
– Tahu Telor (fried beancurd and eggs)
– Rendang Lembu (beef rendang)
– Ikan Pedas (grilled seabass in banana leaves)
– Kepala Ikan Istimewa (fish head simmered in spicy-sweet-sour asam sauce)
– Sop Buntut (spicy ox-tail soup)
– Udang Belado (fried succulent prawns in chilli gravy)
– Gado Gado (mixed vegetables with tofu, crackers and spicy peanut dressing)
– Kangkong Belacan (stir-fried water spinach with chilli shrimp paste)
– Sayur Lodeh (cabbage, long beans & beancurd in spicy coconut milk)
– Es Chendol Kacang (green bean jelly & red kidney beans in coconut milk)
– Air Seri (homemade lemongrass drink)
– Young coconut
Average price/pax: S$20
– Reservations are highly recommended
– It is possible to place orders when one is in the queue to reduce waiting time after being seated
Tambuah Mas Indonesian Restaurant @ Tanglin Shopping Centre
19 Tanglin Rd #04 – 10/13, Singapore 247909
Tel: (65) 6733 3333
Daily: 11:00 – 22:00
Tambuah Mas Indonesian Restaurant @ Paragon
290 Orchard Road #B1-44 The Paragon, Singapore 238859
Tel: (65) 6733 2220
Daily: 11:00 – 22:00