Filed in best online grocery stores | March 28, 2016
The Fishwives was originally started by Rebecca Forwood’s aunt and mother in Hong Kong back in 1990. In 2001, Forwood found a renewed interest in pursuing this kind of business further by expanding into Singapore and opened its first online shop in 2014. Leaving her interior design business aside, she is now fully hands on The Fishwives delivering seafood and meat products to Singaporean homes.
- Finest seafood selections from Australia and New Zealand: Whether it’s an oyster, a salmon, or a Glacier 51 tooth fish, you can have any of these delivered at your doorstep still in its premium condition. Halal certified Salmon is sourced from Marlborough Sounds, NZ, oysters from Australia’s Oyster Coast, while the Glacier 51 tooth fish, snapper and cod are wild caught from Australia and New Zealand.
- Three types of premium oysters from Australia: If you’re a fan of oysters, you must have known about The Pacific, The Sydney Rock and The Angasi Oysters, grown within Australia. The three are often a crowd-favourite for their size and natural creamy taste, except The Angasi which is known for its full-bodied taste.
- Over 30 superior-quality meat products: This range of products would be enough for our occasional gourmet cooking. Our menu could include Pureblack Angus beef (300g to 1++kg), Otway Pork, NZ grass-fed lamb (up to 1kg), AnXin Chicken, and gluten-free chicken and pork sausages.
- Some products are on a pre-order basis: There’s a 7-day interval for NZ King Salmon, and Red Snapper, while re-stocking of NZ lamb and Pureblack Angus Beef can be completed within two weeks. This can only mean one thing though; the products are guaranteed to be in its best condition upon arrival at Singapore. All stocks are new and fresh, so you can safely eat raw salmon for example.
The 5 Best Online Grocery Stores in Singapore
Products On Offer
The Fishwives may have a limited range of products on offer, but the quality is undeniably superior combined with their seamless delivery service. King salmon, French-bred chicken, and Pureblack Angus beef take the spotlight in this gourmet store, all of which are available in generous sizes. All products are hormone, antibiotic, and additive-free.
No minimum order required
– There’s no delivery charge for orders S$150 and above.
– S$10 flat fee for orders under $150
– Chicken, Lamb, Beef and Pork can be delivered the next day if ordered before 2pm.
– Fresh NZ King Salmon – Place your order every Thursday before 8PM to receive it by the following Thursday
– Delivery fee to Sentosa Island is S$15.
– Contact The Fishwives for special/rush orders
Walk-in shop available at
#01-04A Cluny Court, 501 Bukit Timah Road, Singapore 259760
Mon – Fri: 10:00 – 19:00
Sat: 09:00 – 19:00
Sun: 10:00 – 15:00