Todamgol Korean Traditional Restaurant
Filed in best korean restaurant | March 15, 2016
Todamgol is considered as a successful step of those who have run the famous Kko Kko Nara restaurant since 2008. This restaurant is a new standout in Tanjong Pagar that offers Korean BBQ as well as Korean favorites such as bibimbap, pancake and japchae. While dinner menu stands on the high side, its lunch menu is very affordable. Diners can definitely get a delicious lunch dish at S$12.
- Dining in a traditional Korean village: On Tanjong Pagar road, if you catch sight of a Korean restaurant with rustic decoration, it would be Todamgol. The charm of climbing plants and village-related ornaments in front of the restaurant invites diners over while the cozy interior with wooden tables, old-fashioned chairs and uniquely decorated walls makes diners feel like being in a Korean village.
- Bibimbap – one of the best in Singapore: Ingredients that set bibimbap at Todamgol apart from its counterparts are the bibimbap sauce and a large amount of seaweed in each bowl. Taste it and feel how the light sesame flavor sauce brings out the difference of your favorite dish.
- Pricey yet big: A Todamgol’s main dish costs more than other Korean eateries’, but its size will make any diners satisfied. Ranging between S$25 and S$35, Todamgol’s main courses are big enough for 3 persons to share.
- Open till 3am: Looking for a Korean restaurant for late night dining? Todamgol is a good choice.
The 5 Best Korean Restaurants in Singapore
There are about 5 to 6 banchan served at Todamgol.
– Bu Dae Ji Gae
– Beo Seot Bool Go Gi
– Seafood pancake
– Kim Chi Jun Gol
– Sam Gyub Sal
Korean rice wine, liquor, hot tea, Korean cold beverages and soft drinks are served at reasonable prices.
Todamgol is where Korean businessmen choose to have their meals, enticing food fragrances waft in the air and Kpop music is played in the background. The main seating area is quite spacious and comfortable. Private rooms are also available for large groups.
Average Price/pax: S$35
– Reservation is highly recommended.
– Some dishes are only available for lunch.