The 5 Best Online Grocery Stores in Singapore
Online grocery store is an absolute lifesaver for those who have no time for shopping at supper market or wet market. As we know, more and more online grocery businesses have recently mushroomed in Singapore. And big supermarket chains like Cold Storage, FairPrice, Giant and Sheng Song also excite the field by ramping up their online grocery delivery platform.
Those businesses pass the convenience to us. Whether we want to find a one-stop online site for all things grocery to save time and delivery fee or wish to visit specialized stores and pick up the best from them, Singapore never fails to satisfy us.
For everything under one roof, Giant Online is the ideal site.
Get the best fruits and vegetables from Tangy Tangerines.
Place an order with The Barbie Girls to have the finest protein stuff delivered at your doorstep.
The Fishwives has the beautiful selection of seafood for us to add to shopping cart.
And when we don’t have time to plan our meals. Make life easier by ordering meal kits from The Hungry Chef.
Then we have more time for ourselves and our family.
- One-stop shop for everything: At Giant online store, we can shop for not only fresh produce but also dairy and frozen products, wines, kitchen wares, pet care, DIY materials, baby essentials, toys, clothing, and many more. Busy people would no longer have to commute to a Giant physical store as there is no significant difference in pricing between the two commercial types at Giant.
- Wide selection of Halal products: With approximately 70 Halal meat and 20 Halal deli items, Giant’s selection of Halal products is probably the largest could be found online. Various options of Australian chilled and frozen beef, chilled and frozen lamb, chilled and frozen poultry, ham, bacon and sausage are available for us to add to cart.
- A seafood and fish market online: Think an online mini market where almost any kinds of fish have been found at the neighbourhood wet markets are freshly presented - from salmon to batang, pomfret, sea bass, grey mullet, kee fish, mackerel, milk fish, red snapper, sea bream, silago, yellow tail, grouper, patin, and toman. We can also shop for fresh cuttlefish, squids, prawns, crabs, sea cucumbers, slipper lobsters, clams, gong gong and even frog legs at Giant’s online store.
- Same day delivery: Not many online grocery stores do this, but Giant. Place orders within 00:00 to 11:00 to have your box delivered on the same day.
- A new concept of grocery shopping - ordering meal kits for home cooking: If you don’t have time to go to supermarket or prepare your daily meals, visit Hungry Chef’s website and choose interesting recipes to be delivered to your doorstep. All ingredients and recipes are nutritious, ideal for two persons, and only take 30 minutes to prepare.
- Premeasured ingredients with recipe cards: Yes, you read that right. Forget about working yourself up on measuring and weighing ingredients, especially when you’re baking, because The Hungry Chef has already got it covered. Recipe cards where the step-by-step procedures are written down along with colorful pictures. Novice cooks will definitely find a less messy way of cooking home food.
- Recipes for customers on special diets: Vegan and vegetarian recipes like Icy Spicy Veggie Soba with Tofu and Wholemeal Veg Pizza are always ready for carting. Only eat gluten-free food? Looking to have high protein dishes this week? Whatever special diet you may have, just simply ask The Hungry Chef to create a menu for you.
- New recipes weekly: New recipes to watch out for every now and then. This is one way to continue surprising your family with interesting meals during special or casual occasions. Dishes may vary from Asian dishes like stir-fried noodles with pork, Middle-eastern stir-fried paneer & broccoli or shakshouka with crusty bread, to Western-inspired dishes like carbonara with bacon, lemon pepper fish with mushrooms & polenta, or sausage with apple & onion with mixed rice.
- Free delivery for orders above $60.
- For the best fruit selection: Tangy Tangerines is famous for its vast selection of high quality fruits. From tropical, citrus, exotic fruits to berries and melon, the shop has more than 50 variants to offer.
- High quality products: Most products are imported from the best suppliers around the globe such as Envy Apples and Barney’s Barn Laid Eggs. What’s even better is that the prices are relatively competitive compared to other online grocery stores on the market.
- Fresh and in-season produce available for delivery: To get the maximum potential of in-season fruits or vegetables without hustling yourself down to Turf Club Road, visit Tangy Tangerines online shop. It does stock up on seasonal produce aside from the all-year round ones. The produce will be delivered fresh at your door step; kept dry and sealed tightly in a box.
- Organic fruits and vegetables are on offer: For those choose to go with organic produce, Tangy Tangerines provides common choices like lemons, oranges, blueberries, strawberries, carrots, tomatoes, cauliflowers, broccoli, celery, and baby spinach.
- Flexible payment options: Tangy Tangerines is probably the online store that gives us the widest choices of payment options. You can settle your bill online via internet banking or Paypal/Credit Card; or make the payment physically by handing over cheque or cash on delivery.
- Best selection of protein supply: The Barbie Girls’s protein supply is simply the best for possessing high-grade quality such as their sashimi-grade salmon from New Zealand and local poultry from Kenny, a supplier to Jamie Oliver’s restaurant. Beef, lamb, pork, seafood, and sausages are included in the store’s selection.
- Best-tasting fresh and frozen lamb in town: No need to visit a restaurant just to get your hands on a good lamb meal frequently since you can make an order of a piece or two at The Barbie Girls. Lamb rack, lamb loin fillet steaks, and leg bone-in are some of the best-sellers.
- A good variety of beef steak cuts from New Zealand: Available both in online order and special request. The grass-fed beef products, with an average weight of 200g per steak, range from the standard flat-iron, to premium striploin, tenderloin, ribeye, and Wagyu steak cuts.
- Ready-made meals: Also known as the Barbie Meals, these cook-to-order meals would make a great option for those who don’t have time to cook at home. Each meal will be prepared and cooked by Eddie, a highly experienced chef. There’s vegetarian lasagna, beef lasagna, bolognaise sauce pasta, meatballs, and fish pie on the selection.
- Gluten-free bread and pork sausages are available.
- Finest seafood selections from Australia and New Zealand: Whether it’s an oyster, a salmon, or a Glacier 51 tooth fish, you can have any of these delivered at your doorstep still in its premium condition. Halal certified Salmon is sourced from Marlborough Sounds, NZ, oysters from Australia’s Oyster Coast, while the Glacier 51 tooth fish, snapper and cod are wild caught from Australia and New Zealand.
- Three types of premium oysters from Australia: If you’re a fan of oysters, you must have known about The Pacific, The Sydney Rock and The Angasi Oysters, grown within Australia. The three are often a crowd-favourite for their size and natural creamy taste, except The Angasi which is known for its full-bodied taste.
- Over 30 superior-quality meat products: This range of products would be enough for our occasional gourmet cooking. Our menu could include Pureblack Angus beef (300g to 1++kg), Otway Pork, NZ grass-fed lamb (up to 1kg), AnXin Chicken, and gluten-free chicken and pork sausages.
- Some products are on a pre-order basis: There’s a 7-day interval for NZ King Salmon, and Red Snapper, while re-stocking of NZ lamb and Pureblack Angus Beef can be completed within two weeks. This can only mean one thing though; the products are guaranteed to be in its best condition upon arrival at Singapore. All stocks are new and fresh, so you can safely eat raw salmon for example.