The 5 Best Cake Shops in Singapore
Eat & Drink | April 04, 2017
A small sliced cake for a delightful afternoon tea. A big whole cake for a memorable special occasion. In our life, we have cake as a bridge connecting our every moment to happiness.
With our guide to the best cake shops in Singapore, you now have no excuse for not buying yourself a piece of happiness or bringing a smile to your loved one faces.
See also: 5 Best Singapore’s Bakeries for Freshly Baked Bread and Pastry
See also: Best Singapore Cafes for a Satisfying Pastry and Coffee Meal
- Sinfully delicious Mille Crêpes in a variety of flavours: No visit to Lady M is complete without their special Mille Crêpes. This exquisite French cake, with a caramelized golden crown, is nothing but sheer decadence with 20 layers of delicate, handmade crêpes filled with fluffy pastry cream between its layers. Popular Signature, Green Tea and Chocolate Mille Crêpes (only available at this outlet) are the talk of the town.
- Green Tea Mille Crêpes is the best crêpe ever: The delightfully rich, fragrant matcha pastry cream filled between layers and the delicious, paper-thin crêpes will make your heart skip a beat. Try this gorgeous delight to find out why this is so popular with the crowd.
- All-day breakfast specials make it a brunch hotspot for the young crowd. If you wish to have some delicious savoury treats to go along with your desserts, gladly indulge yourself with an all-day breakfast menu which is available only at this outlet. Pick M’s Big Break (toasted muffins, soft poached eggs, turkey bacon, barbeque baked beans, mushrooms, chicken and cheese chipotles) for a simple pleasure.
- A trustworthy destination for birthday cakes: Many Singaporeans know for sure that The Patissier has the best cake options for our beloved ones' birthday. Whether you grab any cake on display or request for a customized one, the high quality cakes from this shop will please everyone and make you proud of your choice.
- Efficient ordering system and good delivery service: You can have your cakes delivered right at your doorsteps by placing an order via its website, email or phone. The Patissier’s staff will make this a hassle-free experience for any of its customers.
- Interesting whole cake flavours for all occasions: A cakeholic or not, you will be spoilt for choice. Some of the ingredients that make those cakes interesting include Earl Grey-flavoured chocolate, Yuzu-flavoured mousse, Valrhona chocolate, and Mascarpone cheese. All cakes are perfectly designed for bringing happiness and surprises to the table.
- Best Passion Fruit Meringue cake in Singapore: Yes, the meringue is soft, light, and airy yet lightly crispy on the outside. The heavenly passion fruit mousse gives an element of surprise to the cake as you take a bite. And the fact that the cake doesn’t taste too sweet should suggest that the chefs have done a great job in balancing the flavours of fruits and cream.
- A huge selection of Japanese-French fusion desserts: There is no shortage of cake slices, whole cakes, tofu chiffon, pastries, and ice cheese tarts at Patisserie Glace. You can even have your cake-for-occasion customized which you should order two weeks in advance. The cakes are predominantly Japanese in style like the souffles are in its sliced sponge cake version far from the traditional French soufflé in a moulder.
- Authentic Japanese ingredients: Some ingredients like walnut and green tea are directly sourced from Japan. Thus, the presentation and taste might remind you of days back in this country. The all-time favourite strawberry shortcake is very much available, and it doesn’t look too far from the traditional version.
- Divine Japanese strawberry soufflé: The chef has done a perfect job in balancing the flavours of fresh strawberries, cream, milk, and other ingredients that make up the smooth, moist and light strawberry soufflé. It has been rendering diners speechless after each bite since 2008.
- Vegan-friendly desserts: Just when you thought Glace couldn’t get any better, they start offering Tofu tart, gluten-free and egg-free desserts. So vegans and those who abstain from eating wheat and eggs do have a place in this cake shop, too.
- Desserts made with Au-naturale ingredients: Looking for fresh and healthy cakes that are free from artificial leavening agents, preservatives, or baking powder? You are in the right place. At Flor, everything is achieved in the most natural way possible.
- Presentable and colourful cakes and pastries: It is a beautiful result of applying Japanese floristry into each creation to make the cakes a gift for your enjoying moments. In fact, “Flor” is the Portuguese word for flower so it shouldn’t come as a surprise if some desserts do resemble a certain flower.
- Interesting world of tea cakes: Tea cakes like matcha and green tea sponge cake variants are available. Eating them is the best way to experience the fusion of Japanese and French patisseries! If you’re into having the red bean cream sandwiched between green tea Swiss rolls and then poured with chestnuts and fruits, then you may find your place in Flor!
- Ice cheese tarts: Ice cheese tarts (S$3.50/piece) can be a great addition to your afternoon tea. They generally have the consistency of a mini cheesecake with a biscuit base. The distinctly French cream cheese does magic to the flavour, as it really “lifts” the taste to an airy delight from the solid biscuit base.
- A lovely little space for enjoying exquisite sweets: From its name and façade to its interior, everything screams femininity. The façade looks like a classic French bakery in Paris, donning an immaculate-white wall paint, blue signage, and a mounted chalkboard. A perfect place to catch up with your lady friends!
- High quality ingredients and passion make up the best cupcakes in town: Plain Vanilla’s cupcakes are made with the finest ingredients like Belgian chocolate, French butter, Madagascar Bourbon Vanilla and Valrhona chocolate. Combine this with experienced, passionate pastry chefs and you will have desserts worthy of praises.
- Regular and seasonal cupcake flavours: Approximately nine cupcake flavours are being baked daily, while a couple of specials will be offered during certain months of the year. For example, the bakery did a fragrant rose flavoured cupcake with cheese frosting last May to celebrate Mother’s Day. Latest update on the monthly specials are usually announced on Facebook.
- Red velvet cupcake is a star of the show: It is made of Valrhona cocoa cake butter, topped with vanilla cream cheese icing. The cake is moist, fluffy and velvety (indeed) while the frosting is perfectly smooth and has no overwhelming creaminess. A highly recommended flavour to any foodies out there!
- Gift boxes for a more beautiful life: Themed appropriately – Thank You, Sorry, Love, Encouragement, and so on – these gift boxes are such a great way to make your presence felt by your loved ones, more so, if you don’t have the courage to express your feelings with words.
- Tiong Bahru outlet is the perfect place to have an alone-time: Stylish, homely and cosy are how previous customers have described the Tiong Bahru outlet. It is located at a quiet neighbourhood in Yong Siak Street so you will be able to relax, read books and sip a cup of coffee peacefully. And yes, it has an indoor seating area surrounded by art works, books, flowers, plants, and a large display cabinet.
- Tasty coffee blends: The perfect companion to any kind of dessert. Dine-in guests may as well order a cuppa to add value to their experience as Plain Vanilla’s coffees and teas are refreshing, working well with the pastries, and they taste just right.
You may also like