Filed in best mexican restaurants | July 05, 2018
We all know how hard it is to find a good Mexican restaurant in Singapore. Thanks to Viva Mexico that search could now be over. Although the signature dishes lean towards Tex-Mex cuisine than traditional, the tangy taste is close to those restaurants in California and Texas. Therefore, for locals and expats who want to sample “westernized” Mexican cuisine in Singapore, Viva Mexico should be right up your alley.
- Tasty Tex-Mex fare: Just by seeing the shredded meat, cheese, and beans that make up your enchilada alone, you could tell that this dish is Tex-Mex. Not that this is bad for someone who’s expecting to get traditional Mexican cuisine in this restaurant, but the menu is enough to satiate your cravings for tostadas, guacamole, enchiladas, chili con carne, mole, quesadillas, nachos, and tamales larranzair.
- A place for fans of Nachos: Mexican appetisers are characterized by the crispiness, quality of corn, and freshness of its tortillas. Who would want a sloppy tortilla anyway? So at Viva Mexico, it is worth mentioning that the tortillas taste fresh and crack well in the mouth upon every bite. Nachos are dazzled with real and big jalapeno chilies, melted cheese, beans, and chipotle paste.
- Generous portions of New Zealand Steak Enchiladas: Beef steak combined with Mexican sauce and dip? Couldn’t be better. Viva Mexico is popular for its beef steak sourced from New Zealand, and then chargrilled well-done. To add traditional Mexican touch to the mix, the meat is stuffed into crispy fried tortillas along with cheese, greens, Habanero sauce, refried beans, guacamole, and rice.
- Mexican restaurant for vegans: Vegans won’t sell themselves short with the restaurant’s extensive veggie options from salads, entrees to mains. There’s eggplant with spinach and cheese for the main course, but you can also go a bit adventurous with Mexican Hotpot, a home-style vegetable dish doused in spicy tomato sauce and is served with rice.
The 5 Best Mexican Restaurants in Singapore
MENU: Viva Mexico prides on having an extensive menu for their entrees and mains, in order to accommodate both vegans and non-vegans. The restaurant even offers a lunch set menu for S$18 which comes with soup, main dish, and a dessert. But if you prefer a la carte, Sopa de Mexico and nachos are just light enough to keep you interested in the upcoming dishes. For mains, either you go dishes with rice or stuffed tortillas with a twist. Ladies may also love the free-flow margaritas every Thursdays!
- Sopa de Mexico
- Cheese Nachos
- New Zealand Steak Enchiladas
- Beef Burritos
- Chicken Fajitas
- Veggie Chimichanga
- Chilli Relleno
AMBIANCE: Only 5 minutes from the MRT, Viva Mexico isn’t hard to find nor to recognize for it is faithfully Mexican by décor. It looks larger than it actually is on the inside and the rustic terracotta floors, bricked arcs, and warm colors add authenticity to the place. Place is quite relaxing especially when dining outdoors or by the terrace, where you could really hear the live band playing in the courtyard.
AVERAGE PRICE/PAX: S$40
Best mexican restaurants
Eat & Drink
You may also like