Tian Tian Hainanese Chicken Rice at Maxwell
- Address1 Kadayanallur Street, #01-10/11 Maxwell Food Centre
- Phone(65) 9691 4852
- Opening hoursTue to Sun: 11:00 – 20:00 (or earlier if sold out)
Tian Tian has been voted as the best chicken rice hawker stall in Singapore by local foodies. Anthony Bourdain, an American celebrity chef, host of Travel Channel’s culinary, has reported that “Chicken rice is so fragrant and delicious that it can be eaten on its own”.
Fragrant and tasty rice: Rice sounds simple, but is the cornerstone of Tian Tian. The rice is cooked in the chicken stock to perfection – full of flavour and oily as the way Hainanese chicken rice should be.
Reasonable prices: A decent portion of chicken and rice plus a bowl of chicken broth costs 3.50 Singapore dollars. Basically, it is the usual price for any hawker foods in Singapore. But we can say that Tian Tian’s price is a steal for its good quality and taste.
How is the chicken?
When it comes to chicken rice, people’s expectations about the chicken are as equal as the rice. Although the rice at Tian Tian has been praised more than the chicken, diners still find that the chicken is tender, juicy, smooth and flavourful. The chicken itself is pretty bland, but it is intentionally designed to make a good companion of the chilli and dark soy sauces. They complement each other perfectly.
At Tian Tian, you will definitely experience a typical ambience of a hawker centre as this food stall is located at Maxwell Food Centre, a popular food court in Singapore. The place is non-air-conditioned and crowded, so be prepared that it is sweltering.
– There is always a long queue at Tian Tian Hainanese Chicken Rice and the average time for waiting is around twenty minutes.
– There is a window to order and make payment and another to collect the food so be prepared that you will be staying in the right line.
– Besides the original stall at Maxwell Food Centre, Tian Tian Hainanese Chicken Rice has expanded to other location. If you prefer to have the same quality chicken rice at an air-conditioned place, just visit its outlet at Joo Chiat Road. This outlet also offers a nice selection of Hainanese dishes to make your meal more colorful.
Tian Tian Hainanese Chicken Rice @ Joo Chiat Road
443 Joo Chiat Road
(65) 6345 9443
Open daily 10:30 – 22:30