8 Best Budget Shopping Places in Singapore to Shop till You Drop
Shopping | September 24, 2017
If you are a shopping lover, you should come to Singapore at least once in your life. Being one of the most vibrant shopping hubs in Asia with hundreds of shopping centres, Singapore is a fashion paradise for millions of tourists, who come not only to see the sights but also to get the most fashionable items.
Singapore satisfies label lovers with plenty of world-class brands, but the country never forgets to offer price-sensitive customers trendy items on their budgets. In Singapore, budget does not mean out of fashion or low quality; it is quite possible for shoppers to find any desired items that suit their needs, tastes and wallets, in fact.
So where can budget-conscious shoppers satisfactorily enjoy the shopping on their trip in Singapore? Eight most famous budget shopping places suggested below commit to offer various types of goods from fashion clothing, handbags, shoes to any kinds of souvenirs.
See also: 10 Best Malls in Singapore for an Ultimate Shopping Experience
See also: 10 Best Shopping Places in Bangkok for Cheap Clothes and More
- All kinds of products are offered at cheapest prices: Mustafa Centre's prices are always competitive. As such, Mustafa Centre purchases products in extremely large quantities to get lower prices so as to pass the saving to its customers.
- You can buy almost anything at Mustafa Centre: Visiting Mustafa Centre, shoppers will be amazed with its huge selection of goods, including jewellery, gold and silver, consumer electronics, fashions, shoes, watches, cosmetics, perfumes, toiletries, medicinal products, household items, stationery, furniture, hardware, books, CDs, DVDs, groceries, confectioneries souvenirs and many other types of products.
- The only 24-hour shopping centre in Singapore: It is the story of a very big shopping centre opening 24 hours per day and 365 days per year, not the story of common 24/7 convenient stores. While hundreds of Singapore shopping centres sleep at night, Mustafa Centre opens to cater for late night shoppers and that is one of the reasons people love it.
- A shopping paradise for fashionistas: Bugis Street has more than 600 shops, and most of them offer fashion clothing, shoes and accessories. Fashionistas will certainly be impressed by all the latest and trendiest things that are updated almost every day.
- A true budget shopping place in Singapore: With wallet-friendly prices, Bugis Street has attracted huge number of shopping lovers. With just S$10, you can get a nice casual wear. You can even buy watches, accessories and souvenirs at the prices not more than S$5.
- The largest and most exciting street-shopping place in Singapore: Bugis Street offers shoppers and visitors an exciting experience of street shopping. Colourful products displayed at plenty of shops along small alleys, hum voices from the crowd, and the aroma from food and drink stores will excite you.
- A place to buy cheap stuff on the Singapore's most luxurious street: While most of the shopping centres on Orchard road sell high-end products to wealthy customers, Lucky Plaza is the only mall catering to budget shoppers. Casual clothing, simple accessories, sunglasses, low-end watches, sweet and chocolate, souvenirs, used books and medicated oil products are always on sale.
- All sort of perfumes are available at low prices: Same brands, but perfumes at Lucky Plaza has lower prices compared with other shopping centres. Lucky Plaza's perfume stores also sell branded perfumes in sample sizes. If you want to try out different kinds of perfumes, Lucky Plaza could be your ideal choice.
- One of the last few old shopping malls in Singapore: Shopping at Lucky Plaza, you may not be pleased with its "messy-floor-plan" and low quality facilities, but these things will give you an experience about Singapore shopping centres in old days. It would be fun to explore and find out stores in unusual locations of this over 30 year old building.
- Fashion, fashion and fashion: At Far East Plaza, you can find a myriad of shops selling fashionable and trendy clothing, footwear and accessories. They are offering all the latest and trendiest fashion items with a good mix of Korean-style, Hong Kong-style, vintage and retro apparels.
- Affordable shopping: The average prices of clothes there range between S$15 and S$30, and there are many daily sales with S$10 and below stuff.
- Numerous of good beauty services are provided at wallet-friendly prices: Far East Plaza is home to many good beauty service stores, providing hair, nail, spa and tattoo services. These stores are located in between fashion shops, and do not require a booking, so you can just walk in to engage a service.
- Student budget-friendly shopping right in Orchard: Being a facility within the SCAPE Company which is built on the vision to empower the youth, the products sold in the retail space are cheap, as the students are the primary customers. Most young people depend on hand outs from parents and stipends and hence SCAPE Underground offers a perfect avenue for budget shopping.
- Wide range of cheap products: Many activities take place within the SCAPE, as a result, a wide variety of high quality products related to the young people are sold at the SCAPE Underground. These products range from fashion apparel, accessories, electronic accessories, gifts, just to mention but a few. This shopping space serves all age brackets with cheap ‘youthful’ products. Fashion clothes have the average prices from $10 to $15.
- Cheap cost of running business: SCAPE Underground is a subsidized indoor retail environment with low set up costs and rent as most retailers are youths, and students in particular. This as a result keeps the cost of selling low and hence, the prices of the products are incredibly low.
- Biggest outlet mall in Singapore: Occupying the larger part of the IMM building is roughly 37,800sqm of warehouse and retails spaces spread over five levels. You can find there more than 80 outlet stores, 220 retail shops and 50 food and beverage stores. Also, the mall is complimented by a hypermarket and lifestyle stores such as Sony and Daiso.
- Loads of Fashion Brands: Among the leading fashion brands available at IMM Singapore are Calvin Klein Jeans, BillBong, Club 21, Clarks, City Chain, Furla, Converse, Hush Puppies, Juicy Couture, New Balance, Nine West, Nike, Adidas, Puma, Winter Time, Timberland, Onitsuka Tiger, and G2000.
- Offering up to 80% discount all year round: Unlike other shopping places around the world, the IMM mall offers these discounts on different products from different outlets 365 days a year. In other words, there is always a sale at the mall all year round.
- Five-storied shopping paradise for fashion and food lovers: One of the oldest shopping malls in the country, City Plaza houses a number of fashion shops, beauty salons, jewelry shops and photo stores. The mall also has an entire floor dedicated to restaurants and fast food chains where foodies can enjoy delicious food like the flavorful chicken from Arnold’s Fried Chicken and ban mian from Poon Nah.
- Pre-loved fashion at a bargain: Refash and PEONY Collection on level three and Whitefiction on level four are some of the shops that offer great collections of pre-loved clothes, shoes, bags and accessories. You can get dresses, tops and pants at the prices from $5-$15. These shops also buy pre-owned clothes from shoppers who are willing to sell clothing items for a decent sum of money.
- A hub for fashion at wholesale prices: The affordable wholesale shops in City Plaza are where many fashion bloggers and retailers buy unique fashion items in bulk for their shops. So shopping at City Plaza helps you save a lot, prices can be just half the amount spending for the same items from blog shops. Stores like Posh Allure, Maker’s Mart and My Beautiful Shoes offer wholesale prices when you buy 12 or more items.
- Gateway to the past: The mall has shops for vintage toys and cameras. Power Photo Store sells vintage games from around $10. You can buy some of these and have a piece of history with you.
- Factory outlet shopping that not too far from city centre: Branded stuff at low prices is the main draw of Anchorpoint. This 2 storey shopping centre has a decent number of factory outlet stores in Singapore, including Charles & Keith Outlet, Pedro Outlet, G2000 Outlet, Giordano Outlet, Cotton On Outlet, Billabong Outlet, FOX Outlet, Capitol Optical Outlet and TYPO Outlet. These stores sell their off-season and discontinued items at huge discounts, normally from 30% to 70%.
- Enjoyable and relaxing shopping without a crowd: Being a hidden gem, only known by local savvy shoppers, Anchorpoint provides customers a comfortable and pleasurable shopping experience. Shoppers usually need not to queue for vacant trying rooms or for getting help from salespersons.