Brotzeit German Bier Bar & Restaurant
Filed in best german restaurants | July 05, 2018
There is no better place to swig a bottle of beer than in Brotzeit, a German restaurant chain renowned as an ideal place for Paulaner beers and crispy pork knuckles, which is considered as the best German food in Singapore. Brotzeit parades Bavarian cuisine all over its six different locations across the island, among which the VivoCity outlet is the most popular. Find out here what Brotzeit has to offer!
- Menu is predominantly derived from Bavarian cuisine: Even the restaurant name itself is of Bavarian origin, which is a local expression for bread and time. Popular Bavarian dishes like homemade pate with herbs, pretzel, cold cuts salad, honey Bavarian pork ribs, and the oven roasted pork knuckles are all available in Brotzeit. It does sound like the perfect companion to beer, doesn’t it? So if you really want to take a break from Asian food, this good German restaurant can give you a great time-off.
- A place to try a piece of everything till late-night: A platter of sausages, fish, or Brotzeit’s finest anyone? Swing by with your friends to make sure you have someone else to share these delectable dishes with. In this manner, you can experience how Germans eat back home which might even remind you of Spain’s tapas style of eating which is meant to be shared by groups of people over lunch and dinner.
- Germany’s seasonal specialties in Singapore: Being an authentic German restaurant, Brotzeit does offer some select ingredients such as the white asparagus which is available only every May and June as well as maibock for the Oktoberfest celebration. Needless to say, Brotzeit tends to have a very festive atmosphere in October and it is really the best time to binge on the best Bavarian beers.
- A wide variety of German beers: You can’t talk about German food and culture without highlighting the quality of its beers! Deutschland even plays host to one of the world’s biggest beer festivals, in which Paulaner is a contributor. Thanks to Brotzeit, locals can have a taste of Paulaner’s draft beers, Hacker-Pschorr’s bottled beers, and beers mixed with fruit juices. All come in different beer styles such as dark and pale.
The 5 Best German Restaurants in Singapore
MENU: Contrary to popular belief, German cuisine can also be extensive as seen in the creative menu by Brotzeit. There’s a dedicated menu for lunch and dinner, including the beverages. Fladen or pizzas are being offered at the restaurant too, which is quite a surprise for an unsuspecting foodie. Vegans will find delight in the salads, vegan pizza, sides, and desserts, while the meat-lovers won’t need to be pushed hard as platter options are available and suitable for sharing.
AMBIANCE: All Brotzeit locations in Singapore have a beer garden atmosphere. This makes each location a good place to catch up with friends over beer and pork knuckle. The Vivo City outlet is particularly known for its alfresco dining, as the restaurant sits by the sea overlooking Sentosa. But if you prefer being closer to the central business districts, you won’t go wrong with the Somerset 313 and Raffles City locations.
AVERAGE PRICE/PAX: S$40
- Reserve a seat if you’re planning to come by for dinner
- VivoCity outlet is closed for renovations till June 2015
ALL BROTZEIT’S LOCATION
Address: Discovery Walk at 313@Somerset 313 Orchard Road #01-27, S238895
Phone: (65) 6834 4038
- Sunday to Thursday: 09:00 – 22:00
- Friday & Saturday: 09:00 – 01:00
- Eve of PH: 09:00 – 01:00
- PH: 09:00 – 22:00
Address: 126 E Coast Rd, Singapore 428809
Phone: (65) 6348 2040
- Monday to Friday: 12:00 – 00:00
- Saturday & Sunday: 09:00 – 00:00
- Eve of PH, PH: 12:00 – 00:00
@ Raffles City
Address: 252 North Bridge Road, #01-17 Raffles City Shopping Centre, S179103
Phone: (65) 6883 1534
- Sunday to Thursday, PH: 09:00 – 00:00
- Friday & Saturday, PH Eve: 09:00 – 01:00
Address: 1 HarbourFront Walk #01-149/151, VivoCity, S098585
Phone: (65) 6272 8815
Address: 3 Gateway Drive #01-04, Westgate, S608532
Phone: (65) 6465 9874
- Sunday to Thursday, PH: 12:00 – 00:00
- Friday & Saturday, PH Eve: 12:00 – 01:00
@ The Star Vista (Closed)
Address: 1 Vista Exchange Green, #02-17 The Star Vista, S138617
Phone: (65) 66943652
- Monday to Thursday, PH: 12:00 – 02:00
- Friday, PH Eve: 12:00 – 01:00
- Saturday: 11:00 – 01:00
- Sunday: 10:30 – 00:00