GUIDE TO SHOPPING AT CITY PLAZA: With five stories packed with dozens of shops and stalls selling everything from electronics, fashion, accessories, toys, mobile phones to books, coach tickets, and beauty services, it’s not easy for shoppers to find what they’re looking for if they don’t know where to go. Here is a quick guide to help you navigate your way around the mall and score the best deals that City Plaza has to offer:
- Level 1: The ground floor has a plethora of banks, currency exchange booths, and ATMs to ensure that the shoppers’ wallets are well-stocked cash for a day of splurging and retail therapy. Here you can also find decent boutiques and beauty salons along with a wide variety of electronics and mobile phone shops.
- Level 2: The second floor has a huge variety of wholesale fashion and accessory stores that offer discounts and bulk buying for attractive prices. Here, shoppers can also find the famous Arnold’s Fried Chicken eatery for a delicious lunch.
- Level 3 & 4: The shopping fun continues at level three where you can browse dozens of mid to low-range fashion stores that offer great deals on all sorts of clothing items, bags, shoes, and accessories. Some famous stores such as Refash offering fashion deals starting from $10 can be found on the third floor along with a bulk of similar wholesale shops. Shoppers can also make a pit stop at one of the beauty salons for a relaxing massage or a manicure for as little as $5.
- Level 5: After a long day of shopping and bargaining with store owners, it’s time to recharge your batteries with a great meal. From stalls selling generous portions of tasty handmade noodles (mee hoon kway) for less than $5 to authentic Thai and Malaysian food, City Plaza has an entire floor dedicated to its famous food court where you can find local as well as international cuisines, all under one roof.
NOTES: City Plaza has basement parking, which is open 24/7. The parking cost per hour can vary depending on time and day. For more information, check out City Plaza’s official website https://www.cityplaza.sg/getting-there/
- Despite the price tags on most items, shoppers can still bargain for a discount, and more often than not, shop owners are willing to sell items for a sum lower than the asking price.
- City Plaza is famous for its wholesale prices, which is why it’s best to shop here with a group of friends to avail of sizable discounts.
- Buses: 2, 7, 13, 17, 21
- Nearest MRT station: Paya Lebar