Budget Shopping at Lucky Plaza
Filed in best budget shopping places | January 03, 2021
Lucky Plaza is an iconic shopping centre in Singapore which is located at Orchard Road, a famous shopping district in Singapore. This shopping mall has long been recognized as one of the most popular places for shoppers with a budget with a wide range of products at affordable prices on sale.
- A place to buy cheap stuff on Singapore’s most luxurious street: While most of the shopping centres on Orchard road sell high-end products to wealthy customers, Lucky Plaza is the only mall catering to budget shoppers. Casual clothing, simple accessories, sunglasses, low-end watches, sweet and chocolate, souvenirs, used books, and medicated oil products are always on sale.
- All sort of perfumes are available at low prices: Same brands, but perfumes at Lucky Plaza has lower prices compared with other shopping centres. Lucky Plaza’s perfume stores also sell branded perfumes in sample sizes. If you want to try out different kinds of perfumes, Lucky Plaza could be your ideal choice.
- One of the last few old shopping malls in Singapore: Shopping at Lucky Plaza, you may not be pleased with its “messy-floor-plan” and low-quality facilities, but these things will give you an experience about Singapore shopping centres in old days. It would be fun to explore and find out stores in unusual locations of this over 30-year-old building.
8 Best Budget Shopping Places in Singapore to Shop till You Drop
GUIDE TO SHOPPING AT LUCKY PLAZA:
- Retail shops: There are about 500 stores located from the Basement to Level 6, providing apparel, accessories, perfumes, beauty products, souvenirs, confectioneries, jewelry, stationery, sports equipment, consumer electronics, books, medicinal products, and decorating stuff.
- Buying electronics products is not recommended: Lucky Plaza is a good place for buying casual clothing, simple accessories, sunglasses, low-end watches, sweet and chocolate, souvenirs, used books, and medicated oil products but it is not recommended to buy stuff like mobile phones, digital cameras, gaming consoles and MP3 players there. You can visit these 7 places to buy consumer electronics.
- Always ask the total price before making a purchase: Some shopkeepers do not tell customers the final price – the price that may include GST or other fees at the first time asked; hence, checking the price and any hidden fees carefully should be done.
- Bargaining: Bargaining is accepted at many stores so you can always try to make it the best deal for any purchases.
- Avoid visiting the mall on weekends if you don’t like the crowd: Lucky Plaza is a familiar place for domestic workers to gather and hang around, especially on Sunday.
- Buses: Bus 1N, 2N, 3N, 4N, 5N, 6N, 7, 14, 14E, 16, 65, 106, 111, 123, 175, and 5 (Walk 2 mins from bus stop B09048)
- Nearest MRT station: Orchard MRT (NS22) (Walk 2 mins from Exit D)
Best budget shopping places
You may also like