By Editor | October 19, 2017
A good Spanish restaurant by the bay, Catalunya is the closest thing you can get to El Bulli in Singapore. True-blue fans of modern Catalan and Spanish cuisines would know that spherical olives, paella, lobster rice, bikini, and suckling pig tapa are enough reason to reserve a seat at Catalunya. This restaurant also prides on having a wide array of tapas that could transport you to Barcelona, Greece, Andalusia, Vasque, and Catalan.
- Innovative Spanish-Catalan dishes shine together with the traditional ones: As Spanish chefs are known for their world-class and innovative recipes, so do the dishes in Catalunya. Imagine sampling the spherical olives that burst like a rich egg yolk in the mouth. Kind of strange to think about but the concept behind the dish is truly ingenious and fascinating. For those who are more into classic, dishes like bikini are there to make you happy.
- Go-to-place for tapas lovers and connoisseurs: Simply because Catalunya has a dedicated tapas menu. And for a Spanish restaurant, the list is as diversified as it should be; from veggie, pork, beef, chicken, fish to crustacean. A small group of three can indulge in a tapas spree with 5 to 7 varieties. Iberico classics, anchovies, suckling pig tapa and croquettes should be on your list of must-try dishes.
- A bar full of interesting cocktails and wines: Most of the cocktails are inspired by Barcelona and Catalunya concoctions such as Vermouth, Cremat, Flamenco Martini, and Reversed gin & tonic. Classic drinks like sangria, mojito and zombie are also on the list. But if you’re a wine person, you will be spoilt for choice, too, including sommelier wines.
- Panoramic views of Marina Bay: Catalunya’s premier location in Fullerton Pavillion, offers breathtaking views. Couples on a date will have a splendid backdrop ready for their intimate moments when seated beside the glass window. A surprising light display might steal your attention at any moment in the evening, too.
Catalunya’s extensive menu for the main course, tapas, wine and drinks can take you on an epic food adventure through Spanish-Catalan fares. Vegetarian options are quite limited, while the meat lovers will surely love feasting on the meat-intensive dishes that is the Spanish cuisine.
Built in a dome-like structure, Catalunya is an attraction in its own. It sits right next to Fullerton Bay Hotel, facing the Marina Bay Sands. This is why guests on a date or celebrating a special occasion are encouraged to take a seat by the window in order to witness the grandeur of Marina Bay Sands and its lights show. Inside, Catalunya sports a modern yet noble design with its floor-to-ceiling glass décor that effectively create a very cool and romantic atmosphere.
– Jamon Iberico
– The Other Spanish Tortilla
– Avocado Roll
– Octopus Catalunya Style
– Suckling Pig Tapa
– Patatas Bravas with “All I Oli”
– Lamb Ribs
– Bombas de la Barceloneta
– Catalan Ice Cream
Average Price/Pax: S$130
You may also like