Corner House @ Singapore Botanic Gardens
Filed in best romantic restaurants | November 11, 2020
With a Michelin star and constant showing in Asia’s 50 Best Restaurant, Corner House at Singapore Botanic Gardens, a UNESCO World Heritage site, tells stories of romantic dinners, family gatherings, and stellar gastronomic adventures.
Dining at Corner House feels like coming home to a French-Asian family that awaits you with open arms and a pantry-full of fresh ingredients waiting to be whipped into magical creations. The structure itself was built in 1910, with its main architecture preserved, and its details modernized to keep up with the times. Chef David Thien and his team present an omakase-style dining experience that puts the finest seasonal produce in the spotlight.
- Omakase style dining experience: The menu at Corner House evolves in harmony with the changing of the seasons and the creative juices of Chef David Thien and his team. Starting at S$78 for lunch and $168 for dinner, you can choose a 3-course, 5-course, or 7-course lunch; or a 5-course, 6-course, or 7-course dinner. Part of the experience is being surprised with every masterpiece that is laid out before you.
- Exquisite wine collection: Wine Culture, touted as Singapore’s “fine and rare wine merchant”, takes care of Corner House’s wine collection. The restaurant’s wine cellar displays a mix of rare vintages and New World American cult labels, each bottle meticulously discerned to give guests perfect wine pairings.
- Whispering Corner: For a truly romantic dining experience, book the Whispering Corner, a private space on the second floor that gets its added grandeur from the natural light that floods through the glazed windows.
The 7 Best Romantic Restaurants in Singapore
MENU: There is no set menu at Corner House, you just have to trust Chef Thien and his team to surprise you with French-Asian dishes that are guaranteed to tickle your fancy.
AVERAGE PRICE/PAX: Prices are fixed according to the number of courses.
LOOK & FEEL: The Corner House stands majestically amid ornate foliage, luxurious and cozy at the same time.
NOTE: Early reservations are recommended.
- Buses: 154, 174, 48, 855, Dempsey Hill Shuttle Service (3-min walk from Botanic Gardens Nassim Gate)
- Nearest MRT station: Botanic Gardens (Take Circle Line or Downtown Line and exit at CC19/DT9; 13-min walk to the restaurant)