Fremantle Seafood Market
Filed in best seafood restaurants |
February 16, 2021
Fremantle Seafood Market aims to bring a touch of Australia to the shores of Singapore. The overall vibe at Fremantle is reminiscent of early morning seafood markets in the Land Down Under where fish, crustaceans, and other catch from the sea are of the highest and freshest quality, immediately cooked and served upon a patron’s order.
The restaurant values freshness so much that their seafood is fished out of the live seafood tank only when it is ready to be turned into a tasty masterpiece.
- Western menu: Yielding to high Australian cooking standards, Fremantle uses delicate flavors to allow the essence of seafood to shine through in every dish. This guarantees that all other accompanying ingredients accentuate the fleshy, briny seafood instead of overpowering it.
- Freshest seafood air-flown to Singapore: “Freshest” is the only standard allowed at Fremantle, which is why their seafood is regularly air-flown to the island, transferred to their live seafood gallery, and then plucked out only when it is about to go to the stove.
- Seafood in a Bag: Until the end of 2020, Fremantle offers Seafood in a Bag, a hodgepodge of seafood, corn, sausages, and deep-fried buns that comes with your choice of sauce: Cajun tomato, garlic butter, black pepper, and chilli crab.
7 Best Seafood Restaurants in Singapore Right Now
MENU: Fremantle’s menu has a bit of something-something to satisfy whatever craving you might have: incredibly fresh oysters, sashimi, mussels and clams, soup, salad, appetizers and sides, pizza and pasta, mains, and dessert.
- FSM Barramundi Fish & Chip (S$18)
- Live Boston Lobster Roll (S$72)
- Roasted Whole Seabass (S$52)
- Signature Fremantle Snow Crab Cakes (S16)
LOOK & FEEL: Fremantle’s look and feel is exactly that of a seafood market—open-air, unpretentious tables and chairs, and a team that is eager to share with you their fresh catch.
AVERAGE PRICE/PAX: S$42
NOTE: Take advantage of their rewards program to earn rebates and gain access to special promotions.
- Buses: 143, 147, 197, 2 (2-min walk from bus stop 04211)
- Nearest MRT station: Clarke Quay (NE5)
We recommend for you
Best seafood restaurants
Eat & Drink
You may also like
Frequently Asked Questions about Singapore