Filed in best middle eastern restaurants | July 18, 2017
A relatively new addition to the pile of restaurants along Greenwood Avenue, Levant is known for its good Middle Eastern menu with an emphasis on Lebanese fare. Set lunch and dinner menus are available for heavy eaters while a la carte is highly recommended to diners who want flexibility in their food selections. This elegant restaurant deserves to be one of your culinary destinations as the consistently delicious foods are always accompanied by great services in a relaxing environment.
- Best lamb shank Biryani in Singapore: Meat is tender, falls off the bone and melts in the mouth. The whole lamb shank was indeed “stewed to perfection” complemented with the best biryani rice ever cooked on the island. It tastes perfect and unique in its own way. A connoisseur might even notice that the distinct sweet taste and aroma of the spices could be a mix of other Middle Eastern cuisines instead of being exclusively Lebanese.
- Notable appetiser platter: As with any Middle Eastern fare, a platter of mixed appetisers is ever-present. You can’t possibly skip this because most of the top foods are on the platter such as the hummus, moutabal, and tabboula. Thank goodness all appetisers are made from fresh ingredients at Levant so the greens and dips taste clean and light in the mouth.
- Good selections of tapas, stews, and grills: Suitable for sharing, Levant has traditional tapas like lamb ball, smoked salmon/beef, or arayes on its menu, while fans of grilled food might want to get their hands on chicken yogurt kebab, tikka, or the generous seafood grill platter. Either of the two, you can then pair it with Ghormeh Sabzi stew and enjoy that warm, fuzzy feeling in your stomach.
The Best Middle Eastern Restaurants in Singapore
Levant’s menu is quite decent varying from set lunch/dinner, a la carte to kid’s menu. However, the menu isn’t designed for vegetarians as most of the signature dishes are heavy with red meat. But Levant is hoping to make up for this by catering to special requests as they come. An extensive wine list is also available for the drinkers, especially for those who are celebrating a special occasion.
– Lamb Shank Briyani
– Ghormeh Sabzi
– Pita Bread
– Biryani Chicken
– Saffron Ice Cream
Levant’s Persian-inspired interior that can accommodate around 56 guests is perfect for having a cosy and intimate dining experience. A 16-seater outdoor area also provides space for merry-making while the buzzing surroundings adds excitement to the overall ambiance of the restaurant. As the restaurant is quite small, the staff is very attentive and thus can take their time in discussing the house specialties.
Average Price/Pax: S$40
– Valet parking is available daily
– Belly dancing performances from 20:00 to 21:00 every Saturday
– Reservation is a must as the restaurant gets jam-packed during weekends
– Catering services are available