Palm Beach Seafood Restaurant
Filed in best seafood restaurants |
February 16, 2021
Operating for 61 years now, Palm Beach Seafood Restaurant is one of the oldest and most successful seafood restaurants on the island. If longevity alone does not convince you, then maybe the long list of accolades including multi-awards from the Singapore Tourism Board, Most Desirable Local Dish, Most Popular Chili Crab Restaurant, and New Signature Dish of the Year from Singapore Food Festival, and a decade’s worth of Excellent Service Awards might.
The key to Palm Beach’s success is staying true to Singapore’s essence and tradition, which radiates in every dish that comes out of their kitchen.
- Authentic Singapore dining experience: When Palm Beach opened its doors more than half a century ago, the goal was for each dish to “embody the spirit of Singapore and her culture”. This has proven to be a winning feat, especially considering the warm reception that the locals have given to their signature dishes such as Chili Crab, Black Pepper Crab, and Coco-Lobo.
- Birthplace of the Chili Crab: One of Singapore’s national dishes, the Chili Crab, is believed to have been conceived in the kitchen of Palm Beach. The restaurant is not only credited to be the originator of this dish, but also recognized for serving one of the absolute best on the entire island. Palm Beach’s Chili Crab has consistently made appearances in yearly Top 10’s.
- More than just crab: Palm Beach’s crab dishes are a must-try, but there is still an abundant selection of seafood and non-seafood dishes on their menu such as the Japanese Spiky Sea Cucumber, Braised Whole Abalone with French Foie Gras, Boston Lobster in Laksa Broth, Honey Tangy Barramundi, and Crispy Fragrant Duck.
The 7 Best Seafood Restaurants in Singapore
MENU: Palm Beach’s menu features an honest-to-goodness seafood festival with a few meat and vegetable dishes thrown in for good measure. From appetizers to cold platters to entrees, noodles, and desserts, you will be treated to classic Singaporean flavors.
- Palm Beach Signature Chili Crab
- Honey Tangy Barramundi
- Coco Lobo
LOOK & FEEL: One more thing to love about Palm Beach is the sweeping views of the Singapore skyline, which is specially more gorgeous at sunset. With indoor and al fresco dining choices, your views are just as spectacular as your food.
AVERAGE PRICE/PAX: S$73
NOTE: Set menus are available for parties of 8 and above.
- Buses: 139, 143, 195, 32, 502 (3-min walk from The Herencia bus stop)
- Nearest MRT station: Fort Canning (DT20)
We recommend for you
Best seafood restaurants
Eat & Drink
You may also like
Frequently Asked Questions about Singapore