Penang Place Restaurant
Filed in best halal restaurants | October 21, 2019
As its name would suggest, Penang Place Restaurant is where Penang cuisine is celebrated. Reflecting the multicultural background of the island, Penang cuisine showcases the beautiful mix of Chinese, Malay and Indian flavours. And the beauty of this cuisine is presented in each dish found at Penang Place Restaurant.
- A place to have Halal Penang food: This is a must visit destination for fans of Penang food. The flavours of Penang Assam Laksa, Penang Hokkien Mee, Penang Char Kway Teow and many more are close to what you can get at the "food paradise" in Malaysia.
- A wholesome buffet line with 30 specialities: Prepared by exclusive chefs from Penang, the buffet is an exhaustive selection of mouth-watering hawker favourites, and refreshing, colourful desserts. With so many delights on offer, it surely is a great value for money.
- One of the best Penang Char Kway Teow in town: Served piping hot with smoky flavour, this signature dish will make you drool with the aroma itself. With loads of prawns, cockles, squids, fish cakes, eggs, bean sprouts, and scallions, each Char Kway Teow batch flies away as soon as it is laid out.
- Have fun with the live cooking stations and create some selected dishes in your own way: Experience that childlike glee by mixing your own ingredients at DIY counters. What is your prefered version of Assam Laska, Fruit Rojak or Ice Kacang? Just make it the way you like.
- Dining for the entire family with a special kids buffet: While adults can gorge on spicy Penang flavours, children can have their fill with all-time favourites like Nuggets, French Fries, Chicken Fillet and an array of desserts. Kids simply love the cooking stations as making their own Ice Kacang or Chendol is an exciting activity.
The 5 Best Halal Restaurants in Singapore
MENU: Penang Place serves extensive lunch and dinner buffets, complete with appetizers, mains and desserts. It also has a la carte menu for lunch.
- Penang Char Kway Teow
- Assam Laksa
- Penang Hokkien Mee
- Beef Rendang
- Cuttlefish Kangkong
- Nasi Lemak
- Chilli Crab
- Fried Cempedak
- Adult Lunch Buffet: S$24.90++ (Weekdays), S$30.90++ (Weekends)
- Adult Dinner Buffet: S$27.90++ (Weekdays), S$30.90++ (Fri, Weekends)
- Child Lunch Buffet: S$15.90++ (Weekdays), S$18.90++ (Weekends)
- Child Dinner Buffet: S$17.90++ (Weekdays), S$18.90++ (Fri, Weekends)
- While the restaurant is not Halal certified (because they serve beer and wine), their meats are from Halal certified vendors and they don’t serve pork or lard. Therefore they have many regular Muslim customers.
- Reservation is recommended, especially for dinners and on weekends.