The Clifford Pier @ The Fullerton Bay Hotel
Filed in best romantic restaurants |
November 11, 2020
Built between 1927 and 1933, The Clifford Pier played an important part in Singapore’s trade and economic growth. It ceased operations in 2006, allowing it to be converted to one of the country’s most romantic restaurants today.
The Clifford Pier at The Fullerton Bay Hotel kept both the original structure and the name of the pier, giving it a notable old-world charm. They also kept the traditional concept of a vibrant hawker center at night so that diners can enjoy classic Singaporean favorites while admiring the gorgeous marina view.
- A remarkable beverage menu at Gin Parlour @ The Clifford Pier: What is romance without a bottle of wine or a glass of other spirited cocktails? Gin Parlour @ The Clifford Pier curates a remarkable beverage menu that features the richest selection of gin from different parts of the world such as Spain, Germany, and Japan. They also have a list of wines from France, Australia, Italy, and Chile.
- “Live” hawker stations: Singapore’s hawker culture has shaped the country’s culinary landscape, with its history tracing back to the 1800s. When the place operated as a pier up to the early 2000s, hawker stalls lined up the docks to provide nourishment to sailors and traders. It is a part of history that The Clifford Pier would want to keep, so chefs whip up classic hawker fare including Laksa, Popiah, and Hainanese Chicken Rice.
- Luxurious wedding venue: Reserve a table at The Clifford Pier for a romantic dinner, or book the entire place for the most romantic day of your life—it’s your choice, really. With a maximum capacity of 50 persons, you can have the intimate, luxurious wedding you’ve always dreamed of, surrounded by people that you love the most. You’ll be surprised to find The Clifford Pier’s affordable wedding package that is packed with great offerings such as choices between a 4-course Western menu and a 5-course Chinese menu, complimentary bottle of wine per table, a vintage Rolls Royce with chauffeur, and special wedding souvenirs for your guests.
The 7 Best Romantic Restaurants in Singapore
MENU: Prepare your palate for Singaporean hawker classics that are given an upgraded, luxurious treatment. On weekends and public holidays, The Clifford Pier offers a Heritage Dim Sum Brunch where you can get your fill of traditional dim sum, favorite Singaporean entrees, and local desserts.
- Singapore Satay, S$15
- Teochew Porridge, S$19
- Oyster Omelette, S$16
- Teh Tarik, S$8
LOOK & FEEL: You’ll want to ditch the shorts and flip-flops because The Clifford Pier is an image of understated luxury, think old-world charm meets 21st-century sensibilities.
AVERAGE PRICE/PAX: S$50
NOTE: Enjoy happy hour at 17:00-20:00, Mondays through Sundays.
- Buses: 10, 655, 97E (3-min walk from One Fullerton and Clifford Centre bus stops)
- Nearest MRT station: Raffles Place (6-min walk from exits EW14 and NS26)
We recommend for you
Best romantic restaurants
Eat & Drink
You may also like
Frequently Asked Questions about Singapore