The Halia @ Singapore Botanic Gardens
Filed in best romantic restaurants | November 11, 2020
As you walk into The Halia, you might start to wonder if you’re entering paradise, and that’s perfectly understandable. Set in the lush expanse of Ginger Garden of the Singapore Botanic Gardens, this one-of-a-kind restaurant offers a delightful reprieve from the cosmopolitan hustle and bustle.
As home to more than 250 species of gingers, you can feast on greenery as far as your eyes can see. And when the feast of the palate begins, your attention diverts to the modern European fare with a delicate Asian touch—and at that moment, you know, you’re exactly where you want to be.
- Weekend brunch menu: Lazy weekend in paradise enjoying mouthwatering brunch delights with free-flowing freshly-brewed coffee or black tea? Yes, please! On weekends and public holidays, The Halia offers brunch from 10:00 to as late as 17:00, so there’s no need to wake up early just to get brunch. Weekends are all about that extra hour of sleep anyway, right?
- Vegetarian options: Gone are the days when vegetarian dishes meant boring, tasteless mishmash of veggies. At The Halia, vegetarian options are just as scrumptious as non-vegetarian offerings that their menu could actually convert non-vegetarians to go green. Dried olive, salted artichoke chips, feta cheese, and espelette chili pepper, anyone?
- Romantic events venue: The Halia partners with Garden Events Singapore to deliver memorable events that wow every client, every guest, and even themselves. How would it feel to celebrate special milestones in your life in this piece of heaven? Purely blissful.
The 7 Best Romantic Restaurants in Singapore
MENU: The Halia offers an assortment of menus to indulge every craving you might have: all-day, breakfast, brunch, set lunch, and kids’ menu. Each menu features contemporary European recipes that are given a distinct Asian flair.
- Fresh Yogurt Pot, S$8
- Ikana Fresh Green Shell Mussel, S$24
- Wok-Fried Wagyu Beef & Ginger, S$22
- Honeydew Sago, S$10
AVERAGE PRICE/PAX: S$65
LOOK & FEEL: Romance in nature is the overall theme at The Halia, with open-air dining that gives you refreshing, unobstructed views of the gardens. The structure was constructed in meticulous consideration of the foliage’s natural growth, and then enhanced with opulent decors such as Instagram-worthy tiles and chandelier.
NOTE: Watch out for special promotions such as 1-for-1 desserts, 1-for-1 soups, and great discounts.
- Buses: 7, 105, 123, 174, 502 (Get off at Gleneagles Hospital bus stop, enter through Tanglin Gate, and enjoy a leisurely 8-min walk through Swan Lake.)
- Nearest MRT station: Botanic Gardens (Circle Line and Downtown Line; enter through Bukit Timah Gate, where The Halia is a 20- to 30-min walk away)