The White Rabbit
Filed in best romantic restaurants | November 11, 2020
The White Rabbit has received accolades for its ambiance, something that you wouldn’t expect to find in cosmopolitan Singapore. This 12-year old restaurant is situated in a restored 1930s Ebenezer chapel, complete with stained glass windows and palatial ceilings.
The White Rabbit, a beautiful antiquated artifact in itself, is perfectly complemented by classic European recipes that are elevated to modern standards. Find out for yourself how they got Singapore Tourism Board’s vote for “Best dining experience in Singapore”.
- Classic European favorites with a contemporary touch: Nothing spells Old World charm cuisine better than European classics, and at The White Rabbit, traditional European fare is given an elevated, modern treatment to result in a feast of all the senses. Take, for example, the Russian classic Stroganoff, The White Rabbit has successfully crafted an upscale version by using Iberico pork and infusing the sauce with earthy black truffles.
- The Rabbit Hole: Just as Alice went down the rabbit hole to get to Wonderland, The Rabbit Hole takes you to an inebriated playground state of mind with their hand-picked selection of gin and gin-tonic concoctions. Singapore’s only gin garden, it is the perfect after-dinner nightcap.
- Picnic baskets: Yes, the chapel has indeed been converted to a romantic restaurant, but to have a “picnic under the blue skies” is also another experience that promises spectacular memories. The White Rabbit offers two picnic basket options: the Picnic Essentials Kit and the Lavish Gourmet Basket, to be relished in the lush green gardens by the chapel.
The 7 Best Romantic Restaurants in Singapore
MENU: The White Rabbit offers set lunch and dinner, ala carte, and dessert menus. The menus are not extensive but are curated with utmost love and delicacy, starting from appetizers to entrees to side dishes and desserts.
- Tournedos Rossini, S$68
- Burratina Salad, S$23
- Roasted Black Truffle Chicken, S$78
- Pineapple Baked Alaska, S$18
LOOK & FEEL: Stark white walls, stained glass windows, and plush furniture and fixtures, The White Rabbit will remind you of those days when people got together to feast on lunch in their Sunday best.
NOTE: Reservations are capped at 5 persons per group in compliance with government mandate.
- Buses: 105, 106, 123 (4-min walk from bus stop 13021)
- Nearest MRT station: Farrer Road (Take the Circle Line, Downtown Line, or East West Line and exit at CC20. It’s a 30-min walk from there, so you might want to hail a taxi.)
Best romantic restaurants
Eat & Drink
You may also like