TungLok Seafood @ Orchard Central
Filed in best seafood restaurants |
February 16, 2021
TungLok Seafood is embraced as one of the best seafood restaurants in Singapore for offering only the freshest seafood every single day. The restaurant specializes in local flavors and has perfected the crowd favorite duo of Black Pepper Crab and Chili Crab. They proudly share what makes the latter dish a hit: a perfect balance between orange juice and tomato sauce.
- Birthplace of Deep-fried Prawns with Wasabi-mayo Sauce: In 2000, TungLok created this innovative dish and immediately gained a cult following. Consistently voted as a must-try, fresh succulent prawns are fried golden and then slathered with a wasabi-infused mayo dressing.
- Ala carte deluxe lunch and dinner buffet menus: Starting at only S$38.80 for lunch and S$58.80 for dinner, diners are treated to TungLok’s best-sellers at an affordable cost. The menu features their specials, Japanese cold cuts, appetizers, traditional Chinese entrees, rice, noodles, and dim sum, and desserts.
- Events and catering: Voted the Best Caterer in Singapore in 2009 by Singapore Tatler and AsiaOne People’s Choice, TungLok Catering has served quite a number of private and commercial events including the prestigious Singapore F1 Grand Prix (Formula One).
The 7 Best Seafood Restaurants in Singapore
MENU: TungLok Seafood’s offerings are tailor-fitted to the discriminating Singaporean tastebuds. The menu showcases a wealth of seafood dishes that marry the freshness of the bounty with distinct traditional flavors.
- Deep-fried Prawn with Wasabi-mayo Sauce (S$26)
- Sauteed Scallop with X.O. Sauce (S$30)
- TungLok Seafood Platter (S$68)
- TungLok Signature Chili Crab (Starts at S$8.80/100 grams)
LOOK & FEEL: The moment you step inside the doors of TungLok, you will readily notice all the tell-tale signs you’re in a Chinese restaurant—round Lazy Susan tables, upholstered chairs, and crustacean tanks.
AVERAGE PRICE/PAX: S$40
NOTE: Reservations are highly encouraged.
- Buses: 106, 175, 36B, 502 (3-min walk from bus stop 09038)
- Nearest MRT station: Somerset (NS23)
We recommend for you
Best seafood restaurants
Eat & Drink
You may also like
Frequently Asked Questions about Singapore