Wah Lok Cantonese Restaurant
Filed in best chinese restaurants | January 09, 2021
There are so many things to love about Wah Lok, which has established itself as an institution in Singapore’s restaurant scene. It has been operating for about three decades and has recently received acclaim from the Michelin Guide Singapore. Its claim to success is being meticulous about sourcing world-class produce from different parts of the globe to befit its brilliant Cantonese menu.
- Authentic Cantonese dim sum: Foodies can attest that Singapore is a haven for great-tasting dim sum but only a few restaurants can transport diners to the province of Guangdong for its remarkable authenticity. Wah Lok’s bo luo bao, or pineapple bun, is believed to be the best in all of Singapore.
- Guangdong-born chef: Wah Lok takes pride in its Guangdong-born chef with Hong Kong culinary training – a combination that results in upgraded award-winning authentic Cantonese classics.
- Vegetarian dishes: Wah Lok is one of those few places where vegetarians and carnivores are both spoilt for choice. Their vegetarian dishes are so ingeniously crafted that they practically appear to be indulgences.
7 Best Chinese Restaurants in Singapore 2021
MENU: Wah Lok’s menu is, understandably, predominantly Cantonese. The menu brandishes scrumptious appetizers, roasted, barbecued, and cold dishes, shark’s fin, abalone, bird’s nest, and bamboo fungus, soup, seafood, poultry, casserole, pork and beef, vegetarian dishes, rice and noodles, and desserts.
- Braised Bird’s Nest Wrapped in Egg White in Red Carrot Soup
- Baked Rock Oyster with Salted Egg Yolk
- Double-boiled Whole Yellow Melon Soup with Mixed Seafood
AMBIENCE: Wah Lok at Carlton Hotel is a spacious, modern and stylish restaurant, accommodating up to 280 guests in its main dining room and 8 private rooms. Its posh interior and pleasant atmosphere make the restaurant an ideal place for any business and private dining, corporate functions or family dinners and leisure gatherings.
PLUS POINT: No corkage charge
- Buses: 2, 12, 33, 130, 133, 960 and NR7
- Nearest MRT stations: Bras Basah MRT (CC2) and City Hall MRT (EW13)