Liposuction is one of the most common cosmetic procedures in the world. No wonder you have heard about it many times.
If you are among those who need a safe body contouring surgery in Singapore, look no further! This guide will provide you with the answers to your basic questions about liposuction.
To further help you choose your clinic or surgeon, we also included our recommendations on the best clinics in Singapore for liposuction.
WHAT IS LIPOSUCTION TREATMENT?
Liposuction is a cosmetic surgery procedure to remove fat from specific parts of the body through suction.
WHAT TYPES OF LIPOSUCTION ARE AVAILABLE IN SINGAPORE?
There are 3 common types of liposuction available in Singapore. These are:
- VASER Liposuction – Ultrasound waves are used to liquefy or break up the fat cells before they are extracted from the body.
- Laser Liposuction – Laser is used to melt the fat before extraction.
- Tumescent Liposuction – A medical solution is injected into the target area to allow better control in contouring the body.
WHO IS SUITABLE FOR LIPOSUCTION?
To be a viable candidate for liposuction, you must meet the following criteria:
- Within 30% of your ideal weight
- Have good muscle tone and firm skin
- No underlying medical conditions or life-threatening illness
ARE LIPOSUCTION RESULTS PERMANENT?
The fat cells that are removed through liposuction are expelled permanently from your body. However, new fat cells can grow if you start regaining weight.
HOW MUCH DOES LIPOSUCTION COST IN SINGAPORE?
In Singapore, liposuction charges range from $1,500 to $3,000 for each body part getting treatment.
A body contouring procedure done by a plastic surgeon in Singapore often involves a minimum of 5 different body parts. For that reason, the total cost of a liposuction treatment roughly costs from S$15,000 to S$25,000.
HOW IS THE LIPOSUCTION COST CALCULATED?
If you undergo liposuction, the total cost of the procedure will include:
- Professional fees (surgeon and anaesthesiologist)
- Anaesthesia cost
- Operating room fee
- Laboratory fees
- Cost of post-surgery compression garments
- Medication costs
WHAT AFFECTS THE COST OF LIPOSUCTION?
The final cost of your liposuction procedure is determined by the following factors:
- Length of the procedure – The more body parts that need treatment, the longer it will take to complete the liposuction, driving the cost higher.
- Types of liposuction procedure – Different types of treatments have different costs. For example, VASER liposuction, which is often preferred by patients in Singapore, costs more than the other methods.
- Surgeon’s experience – Surgeons with more experience and training tend to charge more than newer doctors.
WHERE CAN THE LIPOSUCTION TAKE PLACE?
Liposuction can be done in a clinic for patients who only need a minimal amount of fat removed. Procedures that involve more than 100ml of fat need to be conducted at a hospital or an ambulatory surgery centre. A hospital stay is required if more than 2 litres of fat will be removed.
WHERE TO GET LIPOSUCTION IN SINGAPORE?
Listed below are the best plastic surgery clinics with the most experienced surgeons for liposuction. They are all MOH accredited practitioners.