5 Best Furniture Rental Companies in Singapore: 2023 Guide
March 21, 2023
Are you agonizing over whether to invest in furniture or go in for rental? There’s a lot to be said in favor of renting furniture. For example, if you are a temporary resident in the country then renting your furniture makes sense. When it is time to depart, you will not have the hassle of looking for buyers and ways to dispose of the furniture.
If you have come to stay, renting furniture is also a good option as it frees up cash. You will have more funds to work with in getting settled at your new location. Also, renting offers a greater choice in terms of quality. You will not have to compromise on taste or settle for lower-priced options.
Here are the 5 best furniture rental companies in Singapore [2023 review] to aid you in your search.
Expats Furniture Rental opened its doors in 2002. For the past 19 years, the store has built its reputation as an elite furniture rental company. It supplies quality furniture for both short and long-term rental. Moreover, Expats Furniture rental provides furniture solutions not only for residential spaces but for commercial properties too.
At the helm is the Managing Director Andrew Tan, who encourages a customer-oriented culture and promotes environmental sustainability. The company works with multinationals, estate agencies, expatriates, and others. It prides itself in being the only furniture rental company that has created a mobile app.
- The store has an online rental and retail clearance website.
- You will not only find a wide range of furniture here, but you have the possibility of customization to suit your needs.
- Experienced designers are on hand to offer decorating tips.
- Your children will be kept busy at the kid’s corner as you shop.
- Expats Furniture Rental promotes sustainability practices by repairing and repurposing furniture that is still in good condition.
- Long-term rental: 6-38 months, brand new and previously used furniture and appliances
- Short-term rental: 1-6 months, clean, previously leased furniture, economical and practical
- Home staging: preparing homes for sale or rent
- Online clearance: the sale of preleased, repaired, and repurposed furniture
As the name suggests, Esco Leasing is an Excellent Service Company. Their goal is to make your transition as painless as possible as you ease into your new life in Singapore. Established in 1987, Esco Leasing is a pioneer in the business. From the start, the goal of the founders was to promote eco-conscious design by using reclaimed wood. Hence they set up a manufacturing plant in Central Java in 1993. To date, they ardently support local craftsmen and artisans there.
- The store offers a great furniture selection and flexible terms.
- If you decide to keep the furniture, you can opt-in for a buy-out arrangement.
- Esco leasing designers are available to guide you on custom-making a piece of resizing
- Once your lease is up, you are free to trade in your furniture for newer, trendier pieces.
- Long and short-term lease of equipment and furniture.
- Home furnishing for staff members of international corporates
- Sale of eco-friendly furniture through the Gallery 278 showroom
Singapore Furniture Rental is a young dynamic company that 3 friends started with the goal of making an impact in the property business. They wanted to demonstrate the value of staging homes when showcasing listings for faster sales. In addition to being the top home stagers in Singapore, the company also offers furniture rental services. Their mission is to apply integrity as they add value and satisfy their customers.
- The store has no physical showroom; however, you can select furniture from the available online catalogue.
- The delivery team is prompt, swift, and efficient.
- The furniture is insured; hence you are not liable for repair costs.
- Sales personnel can arrange for purchase in the event you wish to keep the furniture you have leased.
- Delivery and collection charges are waived for long-term furniture rental.
- Short-term rental: 1-2 months
- Medium-term rental: 3-11 months
- Long-term rental: over 12 months
Lian Huat started out as a modest furniture shop over 50 years ago. Its founder Ng Chai Choo has witnessed its growth from humble beginnings to its current position as one of the leading furniture rental companies. The business is now in the capable hands of his son Philip. Backed by a dedicated team, he aims to fulfill all your furniture needs.
- The store recommends that you select your preferred pieces from the online store if your rental period is less than 6 months.
- For longer rentals, please call the store to set up an appointment for a visit to the showroom.
- The minimum rental period is one month; however, you can rent as few as a single piece.
- The pieces available for rental are well-maintained and refurbished. However, you are at liberty to request brand new furniture.
- Short-term furniture rental
- Long-term furniture rental
- Package deals to suit: 1-3 bedroomed homes
Flexisnug offers furniture rental in a bid to make a difference to the planet by reducing waste. They offer high-quality sustainable furniture in line with their values of eco-consciousness. Their wish is for you to enjoy superior value designer furniture at a reasonable rate. Flexisnug avoids the use of plastic for removals. Their movers work with blankets and they recycle carton boxes. Their products are ethically sourced.
- The store offers a convenient and flexible experience.
- They will undertake delivery and removal service as required.
- There is no minimum order, and monthly prices start from 1-24 months.
- No deposit is necessary and leases are renewable.
- All products come with a warranty.
- Short-term and long-term rental of a comprehensive selection of designer furnishings
- Deliveries and removals
- Packages for: 1 bedroom, 2 bedroomed family home, and à la carte option
We recommend for you
You may also like
Frequently Asked Questions about Singapore