Melt – The World Cafe at Mandarin Oriental Hotel
Filed in best international buffets | July 05, 2018
Located at a five-star hotel, The Mandarin Oriental, Melt – The World Cafe is a popular international buffet restaurant for a premium dining experience. At this pricey haunt, you can find many favorite dishes from various cuisines, including Chinese, Indian, Japanese, South East Asia and Western ones. The wide variety of foods makes up fifty percent of dinning satisfaction for buffet lovers and the high quality of foods costs the rest.
- Wide variety of foods: With different buffet sections displayed generously and delightfully, Melt is the world of both eye and palate feast. At Melt, you can find the diversity of foods in the presence of multicultural dishes at its various food counters. Every section is worth a visit to whet your appetite – cold seafood, Indian, Japanese, Chinese, Thai, noodles, BBQ, carving meat, bread, pasta, salad, cheese, dessert and fruit ones.
- Outdoor BBQ section: BBQ section is a feature that makes Melt different from other buffet places. Raw foods are displayed nicely for you to select and your BBQ plate will be brought to your table. At Melt’s BBQ station, you can experience flavorful food items that will be brought out best by grilling such as seafood, pork knuckles, wagyu beef, lamb racks, satays, sausages, and mushrooms. You can also get roasted suckling pig at this station.
- Great tandoori selection: Fans of Indian cuisine love Melt because of its great selection of tandoori-style foods. Tandoori chicken, mutton, prawn and fish are perfectly baked and served with raita, chutney, naan and dahl.
The 5 Best International Buffets in Singapore
- Cold seafood counter features fresh lobsters, crab claws, oysters, scallops, prawns and mussels.
- There is a good selection of noodles, sushi and sashimi at Japanese counter. Salmon, tuna and yellowtail sashimi are the must-try items.
- Dessert section is also one of the best parts of Melt’s buffet. You can get both Asian and Western desserts there such as nonya kuehs, ice kachang, mousses, cakes, mignardises, homemade ice cream, Belgian waffles and chocolate fondue. Among them, Belgian waffle topped with ice cream is a highlighted dish.
ATMOSPHERE: Melt – The World Cafe has a cosmopolitan look, created by various materials used including stone, wood, leather and glass. Multi-colored giant baskets of fruit add charm to this stylish dining room. With the spacious and vibrant, Melt is recommended for large group gatherings.
SERVICE: The premium dining experience at Melt starts with a mini presentation about each and every food station, conducted by a helpful staff. Service is efficient and meticulous – staff clear the used plates promptly in a polite manner and even care for your napkin when you go for another food helping.
- There are credit card promotions periodically.
- Besides buffet, a la carte menu is also available.
- Weekdays lunch buffet (Mon – Sat): S$68++
- Sunday brunch buffet: S$108++ (non-alcohol) | S$158++ (with free-flow champagne)
- Dinner buffet (Sun – Wed): S$82++
- Dinner buffet (Thu – Sat): S$88++