Morton’s The Steakhouse
Filed in best steakhouse | July 05, 2018
Morton’s The Steakhouse is a classic American steakhouse with more than 70 outlets worldwide. Located at the Mandarin Oriental, Morton’s has been around for several years in Singapore and although a bit pricey, people would still come here for the food and experience. Because after all, it is one of the best steakhouses in Singapore, right?
- There are two prime beefsteak selections: Either choose a USDA prime-grade steak or an aged Australian beef, both are awesome by the way. However, the US steak selections are served in smaller slabs (6 oz. to 14 oz.) compared to its Australian counterpart which weighs 22-48 oz. So a small group of people may choose to feast on a 24-oz. porterhouse AU-beef steak, for example.
- Center–cut Prime Ribeye takes the spotlight: Order a center-cut prime ribeye for S$99 which weighs 450 grams to have the best medium-rare steak of the year. The meat is aged for 23-28 days, and is seasoned with salt and ground black pepper. The charred crust looks perfect and cracks crispy in the mouth. And you’ll be surprised by its succulent and tender inside.
- Good seafood for sharing: For those who want to complement the steak meal with a taste of ocean, Morton’s won’t let you down. Both the chilled seafood platter and baked seafood platter that include premium items like Maine lobster, Pacific oysters and shrimp cocktail, have their own lure to give your palate a piece of heaven.
- The legend of Morton’s dessert: Morton’s Legendary Hot Chocolate Cake with a scoop of ice cream (S$30) is a perfect way to end a satisfying steak dinner. The delicious chocolate fudge in the center will take the words from your mouth because the experience is just indescribable.
- Mortini Night: It is simply the happy hour at Morton’s The Steakhouse, offered daily from 17:00 – 19:00. This happiness is set by a glass of Martini paired with free flowing steak sandwich. At S$14.95, Morton’s happy hour is a steal.
The 5 Best Steakhouses in Singapore
- Center–cut Prime Ribeye
- Prime Ocean Platters
- Baked Five Onion Soup
- Lobster Bisque
- Creamed Spinach
- Sauteed Brussel Sprouts
- Mixed Grills
- Hashed Brown Potatoes
- Hot Chocolate Cake
ATMOSPHERE: Over the years, Morton’s has maintained its American 1920’s yet trendy look. It has got a grand staircase by the Bar’s entrance, bricked walls at kitchen counter, Dutch-inspired ceiling, large paintings, and incandescent chandeliers. The dining hall is well-spaced and the guests are escorted by the host on their way to their table in order to avoid congestion in the walkway. Overall, Morton’s can be worthy of your gaze if you’re into classic-and-modern hybrid restaurants.
AVERAGE PRICE/PAX: S$150 – S$200
NOTE: Early reservation is a must. Guests are also encouraged to dress in casual business attire.
Eat & Drink
You may also like