Nanbantei Japanese Restaurant @ Far East Plaza
Filed in best japanese restaurants |
October 31, 2020
With 38 years in the business, Nanbantei Japanese Restaurant was the first—and for many years, only—yakitori restaurant in Singapore. Their first branch at Far East Plaza has served over 637,858 yakitori sticks and has delighted more than 9,867 customers.
The key to Nanbantei’s success is the delicate grilling process that starts with a special kind of coal and ends with a skewer that is perfectly char-grilled outside but is succulent and flavorful inside. Nanbantei is committed to delivering an authentic yakitori experience, which is why they source their fresh and seasonal produce straight from Japan.
- Live yakitori: While traditional seating is offered, the best yakitori experience starts with witnessing how your orders are prepared—over open flame sizzling from dripping meat fat and juices, so do not hesitate to be seated by the grilling station. Enjoy the delicious simplicity of fine ingredients grilled to perfection, right as your order leaves the grill.
- Bento and lunch set menu: Starting at S$16, Nanbantei’s bento and lunch sets are an excellent choice for when you’re on a tight lunch break and you can’t be bothered to mix and match dishes. Their top bento choice is the Yakitori Bento, Nanbantei’s bestselling yakitori skewers served with vegetables, rice, and dessert of the day.
- Free delivery for orders S$125 and up: Want to stay safe from the crowds? You can enjoy traditional yakitori fare in the safety and comfort of your own dining room. Place your order on their website or via WhatsApp and enjoy free delivery for orders S$125 and above.
The 7 Best Japanese Restaurants in Singapore
MENU: Yakitori is Nanbantei’s absolute show-stopper, but they also offer bento, donburi, sashimi, fried and grilled dishes, and sides. They also have an assortment of soft drinks, hard drinks, osake, sake, and shochu.
- Butabara Yuzukosho (S$8.10), Pork belly with yuzu citrus paste
- Tsukune (S$7.10), Chicken meat balls with sauce
- Tebasaki Platter (S$18.20), Chicken mid wings
- Truffle Kurobuta Don (S$20), Grilled black Iberico pork slices with truffle oil and paste, topped with Onsen egg and pickles
LOOK AND FEEL: The wooden interiors give Nanbantei a cozy, homey feel, with the yakitori grill serving as a powerful conversation starter.
AVERAGE PRICE/PAX: S$35
NOTE: Accepts Visa credit card
- Buses: 105, 143, 190A, 502 (1-min walk from bus stop 09219)
- Nearest MRT station: NS22 (9-min walk)
We recommend for you
Best japanese restaurants
Eat & Drink
You may also like
Frequently Asked Questions about Singapore