The 5 Best Cheap Indian Restaurants in Singapore
Eat & Drink | April 07, 2019
Little India is well known as a food paradise for fans of Indian cuisine. Take a walk along Race Course Road, you will know how plentiful the options are.
Vast in quantity and small in price, those Indian restaurants are the good friends of tired travelers who need something tasty to ease the hunger or a bustling atmosphere to get inspirations for the next trip.
Affordable Indian restaurants can also be found in other areas. If you are around the Central Business District of Singapore, visit Tandoori Corner for a quick lunch or dinner. To have meal in a more tranquil setting, take a cab to Dempsey Hill and enjoy Indian food in a colonial open house.
Continue reading to get more useful information about the best affordable Indian restaurants in Singapore.
See also: Best Fancy Indian Restaurants in Singapore
- One of the most popular venues for having fish head curry: To many Singaporean generations, Muthu’s Curry is the first name to talk about when it comes to fish head curry. Yes, we love the fresh, tender and fleshy fish as well as the thick curry gravy with a balanced mix of spiciness and sourness. It is so addictive.
- Open concept kitchen - where the super hot naan come from: Operating in form of an open kitchen and situated in the middle of the restaurant, the Live Tandoor Station invites diners to enjoy the hottest naan as well as tandoori chicken and seafood that a restaurant has to offer.
- Vegetarian options are also available: With around 20 items, the vegetarian selection is not very large, but it is tasty enough to satisfy any hungry diner.
- Free papadums and two vegetable side dishes are always offered to its diners.
- A good Indian food venue right in Singapore’s CBD: Not many Indian restaurants have their locations in the Central Business District. So the existence of Tandoori Corner at Boon Tat Street is a real savoury gift for Indian cuisine fans. Pick it, if you don’t want to travel far.
- A little paradise of North Indian cuisine: Tandoori Corner’s menu celebrates all the best of North Indian fare. The tandoori selection, especially chicken tikka, always captures the hearts of diners. After picking a tandoori item, you are free to move your eyes to the curry and bread corner where you can catch one of the best butter chicken and butter naan in town.
- Free flow of complimentary Papadums: Take a table, sit down and enjoy the tasty papadums with Mint Chutney served upon arrival. Those complimentary foods will jazz up your time while you wait for the star dishes to come.
- Affordable foods in the most classy restaurant district of Singapore: Set amidst the lush greenery of Dempsey, Samy’s Curry is best described as a curry oasis in the most classy dining enclave in Singapore. Its luxurious location doesn’t make its prices steep like most of the Dempsey’s restaurants. Come and enjoy tasty foods at wallet-friendly prices.
- One of the oldest curry houses in town: Samy’s Curry has been around for more than fifty years. It has strongly survived for 5 decades as the sweet home of the best fish head curry in town. Yes, its full-of-flavour curry version has a perfect balance of spices.
- Free flow of rice and two complimentary vegetable dishes: Pay S$3.20 for the rice, then you can enjoy your meal with unlimited flow of rice and veggie dishes.
- Food servings are generous.
- Menu with a good balance between non-vegetarian and vegetarian options: Not placing emphasis on any type of diets or any style of foods, Gayatri’s menu celebrates the enjoyment of any diner stepping into its dining room. There are enough appealing meat and veggie dishes from the North and the South of India for everyone to enjoy.
- There are all we need from a casual restaurant: Delicious Indian foods in generous portions, reasonable price tags, welcoming atmosphere and comfortable service are all the good things this restaurant can do to make our meal an enjoyable time.
- Fish Head Curry promotion days: Savvy foodies choose to frequent Gayatri on Mondays or Wednesdays to enjoy Fish Head Curry at the price of S$17. It is quite a steal when having a large piping hot curry pot, which can be shared between a group of three to four eaters, at that price.
- A place to enjoy Little India’s street life with Indian beer: The restaurant’s outdoor sitting area provides diners with vivid and exciting street views of a never quiet Little India. With a chilled glass of Indian beer in hand, nothing can stop you from enjoying the lively atmosphere to your heart content.
- North Indian food with real flavors: The consistently delicious dishes at Khansama Tandoori have the right blend of spices in each recipe, which entertain the taste buds with the true flavors of India. Chicken Tikka, Butter Chicken, Mutton Rogan Josh and Cheese Naan are all delightful.
- A vegetarian-friendly venue: Veggie eaters can scan through the restaurant’s 60 plant-based menu items to pick some for your meal. For an undeniably tasty food choices, don’t go past the Bindi Masala or the Gobi Manchurian.
Frequently Asked Questions about Singapore