7 Best Fitness Centres in Singapore [2023 Guide]
March 07, 2023
For most people, going to a gym is the best choice for a properly balanced workout. And the most frequently asked question is which fitness centre is best-suited in Singapore.
Here are the 5 best fitness destinations Singaporeans are most interested in.
See also: The 5 Best Salad Shops in Singapore’s CBD
Fitness First is a renowned international chain of fitness centres, headquartered in the United Kingdom.
In Singapore, it has multiple locations, making it easier for residents to get their workouts done anywhere.
In fact, you can access Fitness First gyms anywhere in the world with your membership.
- Many Locations for Easy Access: Over 16 clubs spread throughout Singapore, offering over 1,500 fitness classes monthly. Classes include HIIT, Yoga, Cycling, Cardio, and Group Fitness, with smaller class sizes and duration ranging from 30 to 90 minutes.
- Flexible Monthly Plans: No upfront yearly payment is required, as you can sign up for one of the two monthly plans (MyFit and Unlimited) that are fully customizable.
- Swimming Pools: Swimming pools are available at 321 Clementi, One George Street, Fusionopolis, Capital Tower, Westgate, and Mapletree Business City locations.
- Bring Guests for Free: Gold Club members (members who have been active for 10 months or more) can avail of up to 10 three-day guest passes for family and friends.
- Discount Perks: Members can enjoy special discounts and privileges with Fitness First’s partner merchants, including food and beverage, health and beauty, fashion, and more.
- Averaging $125-$162 per month
- Personal training: $99-$120 per hour
- Cardio Theatre
- Member’s Lounge & Juice bar
- Outdoor Gym
- Cycling Studio
- Personal Training Counters
- Swimming pools (including jacuzzi in some locations)
- Luxury showers
- Changing rooms
- Sauna and steam baths
- Cable channels
- Towels, lockers, T-shirts, and shorts
CLASSES: MTV dance, Les Mills classes, Yoga, Pilates, Body Step, Body Jam, Body Pump, Body Combat, ect.
- 100 AM (Tanjong Pagar)
- Alexandra (Mapletree Business City)
- AMK Hub
- Capital Tower
- Changi (UE Biz Hub)
- Fusionopolis, Market Street
- MBFC (Marina Bay Financial Centre)
- One George Street, Paragon
- Tampines (CPF Building)
- The Cathay (Picturehouse)
- The Metropolis, Westgate
If you’re looking for a gym with the latest equipment and convenient amenities, Pure Fitness is the answer.
With a spacious chill-out lounge, the centre provides a relaxing atmosphere where you can grab a juice or sports drink after an intense workout.
- Prime Locations: Three locations, including Asia Square, Ngee Ann City, and Suntec are easily accessible.
- Free Trial: Two-day free trial in seven days to get a feel of the facility and training.
- Quality Equipment: State-of-the-art fitness equipment from well-known international brands.
- Many Class Options: A wide range of classes, including Dance Fitness, Circuit Blitz, Pilates, and BodyBalance.
- Personalized Training Option: Personal training programs that can be customized to specific fitness goals.
HIGHLIGHTS OF PURE FITNESS AT KNIGHTSBRIDGE:
- Located at a prime location on Orchard Road, the Knightsbridge branch is within walking distance of the surrounding shopping centers.
- Over 30 types of classes in unique programs such as TRX, Boot Camp, Hip Hop Dance, Jazz Funk, Latino Jam, Boxing, Muay Thai, BODYPUMP™, BODYCOMBAT™, Step, Pilates, Yoga, Stability Ball, Pole Dancing, and RPM™.
- Advanced cardio machines equipped with DVD entertainment systems and individual personalized screens showing TV channels.
- Over 80 group exercise classes weekly, led by an international team of certified instructors.
HIGHLIGHTS OF PURE FITNESS AT ASIA SQUARE:
- Located in the heart of Marina Bay, Pure Fitness at Asia Square has magnificent skyscraper views of Marina Bay Sands Hotel, ArtScience Museum, and Esplanade.
- A spacious center with over 32,000 sqft of space and world-class design features
- 3 Group Fitness studios offering over 130 classes weekly
- Stylish, intelligently conceived endless swimming pool
- Dedicated athletic area with 4 x 35m indoor running track
- Stretch & Power zone equipped with complete series of tools such as Kettlebells, Bulgarian Bags, and Medicine Balls
- Mixed Martial Arts Zone with Competition Octagon for serious boxers, kickboxers, and grapplers
- Core & Recovery Zone with a dedicated stretch equipment
- Heart Rate Cardio Zone and dedicated VO2 testing area, equipped with the latest assessment system
- Innovative programs administered by professionals who all hold internationally accredited fitness certifications
- Private consultation rooms for Nutrition & Fitness Assessment
- Personal training: $80-$120 per hour
- Membership: $170-$210 per month
What if you could work out at a fitness centre that’s all about women empowerment through fitness and health? That’s the motto of Amore Fitness, which is a ladies-only fitness centre chain in Singapore. It’s the best choice for women who want to train with other women.
- Ladies-Exclusive Fitness: A fitness centre dedicated to empowering women with fitness, creating convenience for females to achieve their fitness goals and work out in a comfortable environment. Seven locations, including Heartland Mall, Plaza Singapura, and Woodlands Civic Centre.
- One-Day Free Pass: Try the fitness centre for free for a day to experience the facility and speak with trainers.
- Fun Classes: Engaging, women-tailored class routines, including BellyBlitz, StretchFit, and FunkBlitz. Body.Mind.Soul classes focus on relaxing and mood-lifting yoga.
- Beyond Fitness: A wide array of spa, facial, and body treatments is specially designed to complement our exercise through relaxing and beauty-enhanced methods.
- Practical Personal Training: If you have special fitness goals like improving health, getting fit for sport, or getting into shape for a special occasion, you can join a personal training programme and reach your goals quickly and safely through their highly qualified Personal Trainers’ assistance.
FREE TRIAL: First-time work-outers can get a free one day fitness pass and free body composition analysis to taste how fun and motivated it is when work out at Amore.
MEMBERSHIP RATES: Vary for different packages
- Oxygen Cove
- Couple Suite
- Swimming pools
- Showers, steam rooms
- Rest stations
Treating every member like a celebrity, Celebrity Fitness is dedicated to ensuring an environment and fitness programs that are exclusive and entertaining. Celebrity Fitness’s members not only exercise in an interesting ambiance, but also socialize with new members and relax in vibrant club lounges.
- The concept of being celebrity: Having own personal trainer just like film star and working out in environments inspired by the celebrity hangouts, everyone is deserved for that at Celebrity Fitness.
- In-house fitness programs: Members are offered fresh, uplifting and inspiring fitness programs created in-house by one of the most successful fitness partnerships in the world, led by fitness innovation guru Mr JJ Sweeney and his Group Instructor Superstar wife Ms Miho Araki.
- Monthly dues membership: It is an affordable monthly payment plan that only requires a reasonable amount of money to build up your health every month.
- Special discounts: Special discounted memberships are available for students and families with discounts between 10-75% possible.
- Impressive facilities: The clubs are equipped with impressive facilities, including top-security lockers (accessible only with your membership card), as well as cardio machines with built-in personal TV and high-speed Internet.
LOCATION: Located within a vibrant shopping mall, Celebrity Fitness clubs enable members to combine a healthy workout with their busy daily routine. After working out, Celebrity members can conveniently shop, dine or pick up their children from enrichment classes.
- Averaging $88-$188 per month
- Personal training: $85-$120 per hour
FEATURED CLASSES: Floating Yoga, Dance N Attitude Program and Peloton spinning class.
Tribody Fitness is a new gym that offers exciting classes designed for people with busy schedules. Even if you don’t work out regularly, taking a couple of classes each week at Tribody will help you stay in shape. But if you do have big goals, their trainers are available to help with their vast amount of knowledge and experience.
- Community gym with certified fitness trainers: A relatively new gym in Joo Chiat with local and internationally trained coaches and fitness experts. Trainers have ACE and NASM certifications.
- Small classes with science-backed instruction: A wide range of classes, backed by scientific knowledge, conducted in small groups and available throughout the week.
- Several membership options to fit anyone’s schedule and goals: Competitive membership rates are offered to suit the schedule and fitness goals of all members. You can purchase a monthly membership or one based on the number of classes you want to take.
- One-on-one sessions with a dedicated personal trainer: Personal training with a dedicated trainer is available in addition to group classes.
- Recovery space
- Cardio and high-intensity interval training (HIIT)
- Outdoor training
Body Fit Training (BFT) is an international fitness center that originated in Australia and is expanding all over Singapore. With highly trained staff teaching different kinds of classes, it takes a holistic approach to fitness.
- Australian franchise providing world-class fitness programs: An Australian fitness powerhouse in Singapore with over 16 locations, providing world-class strength, cardio, and HIIT programs.
- Curated classes to help clients reach their fitness goals: Over 13 different types of carefully curated classes are offered to help individuals reach their fitness goals and improve their overall health. Classes target weight loss, increasing endurance, and building strength.
- 8-Week Challenge using the BFT app to monitor and guide participants: The 8-Week Challenge at BFT is an intense, goal-oriented program that uses the BFT app for guidance and monitoring.
- The one-week trial gives access to all classes: You can try their classes for a week with a trial pass that gives access to all the classes.
- Heart rate monitoring system
- High-intensity interval training (HIIT)
- Lockers and cubbies
- Changing areas
- Luxurious shower amenities
- Spacious waiting lounge
Barry’s Bootcamp hardly needs an introduction as the Los Angeles-based international chain is already popular on social media. Their intense yet fun high-intensity interval training (HIIT) workouts are world famous. If you want to break a sweat to lose weight or increase your stamina, Barry’s classes are going to make you challenge yourself.
- Popular HIIT studio chain from the West Coast (US): A well-known, celebrity-frequented HIIT studio chain from California that will get you sweating in seconds. Located in Raffles on Robinson Road.
- Curated classes from experts designed to burn maximum calories: The HIIT classes involve different workouts, including cardio on treadmills and cycles designed to burn maximum calories. All trainers are certified and highly experienced.
- Protein smoothies available to aid recovery after intense workouts: Order a customized, protein-packed smoothie to charge up after an intensive workout in the iconic Red Room.
- Energetic and fun atmosphere helps members enjoy and focus while working out: Experience a fun, morale-boosting atmosphere with the latest pop tunes alongside like-minded individuals to help focus on better health and fitness.
- Juice/smoothie bar
- Complimentary towels
- Hot showers
- Spacious workout areas
We recommend for you
You may also like
Frequently Asked Questions about Singapore