If you are a working parent who is looking for a nanny or babysitter for your childcare needs, then this article can point you in the right direction on where to find a reliable nanny.
TYPES OF BABYSITTING AND NANNY SERVICES IN SINGAPORE
The first thing to consider when hiring a nanny or babysitter is the type of service that you need.
It can be a long-term nanny, a confinement nanny for new mothers, a temporary babysitter, or an urgent hire if something important comes up on your schedule.
You can also choose between a daytime or evening nanny and a 24-hour stay-in nanny.
Another thing is the choice between babysitting at your home or the nanny’s home. Babysitting at outdoor locations like a park or mall is also offered by some agencies.
WHERE TO GET BABYSITTING AND NANNY SERVICES IN SINGAPORE?
Singapore has a number of nanny and babysitter service agencies where you can directly hire your childcare helper.
Another option is through booking platforms where you merely connect with potential nannies.
The good thing about employment agencies is it is less of a hassle when it comes to screening your nanny. The agency will do it for you along with other security measures.
On the other hand, hiring a nanny through a booking platform means you have to evaluate a candidate nanny and do the necessary background checks by yourself. However, using a booking platform is so much more convenient because most of the hiring procedures will be done with a click on your mobile phone or laptop.
These points of consideration may be a lot to take on, so, we came up with this shortlist of the 5 best babysitting and nanny services in Singapore.
Read on to know more about each recommended company so you can make a well-informed choice. Good luck with your nanny hunting!
NannyPro was founded in May 2004 and has quickly become one of Singapore's most trusted babysitting and nanny service providers.
This social enterprise duly licensed company has a mission toward empowering women by giving them gainful employment and building a community of caregivers for good.
- Nannies are equipped with necessary skills: NannyPro’s nannies undergo compulsory training in Basic Infant Care and Infant and Child First Aid course.
- Trustworthy, nurturing caregivers: All caregivers at NannyPro are properly vetted and are required to submit a medical clearance. They also undergo a probationary period before they are deployed for recurring engagements.
- Available for last-minute requests: If you suddenly have an urgent need for someone to look after your child, NannyPro can help you. Just give them a call for any last-minute, backup, and short-term childcare whenever the need arises.
- Hire a nanny, help the community: NannyPro is a social enterprise that aims to help low-income families, single mothers, and senior citizens. So, when you engage the services of the company, you are also helping empower women in Singapore.
- Full-time nanny
- Part-time nanny
- Ad hoc care
- Corporate care
- Travel nanny
- Live-in nanny
1. Weekday Regular Nanny: S$2,900 – S$3,200 (9 hours daily); S$1,900 (4 hours daily)
2. Evening rate (daily, minimum 4 hours): S$140 (daily trial); S$2,600 (regular)
3. Ad hoc rates (minimum 4 hours):
- Day rate (8 AM – 6 PM): S$25/hour (Mon – Fri), S$35/hour (Sat, Sun & PH)
- Evening rate (6 PM – 10 PM): S$35/hour (Mon – Fri), S$40/hour (Sat, Sun & PH)
- Overnight rate (10 PM – 7 AM): S$40/hour (Mon – Fri), S$45/hour (Sat, Sun & PH)
(Rates are based on caregiving service at the parent’s place for one child only. For an additional child, an additional fee of S$5/hour applies.)
NOTE: Trial rates are available