7 Best Nightclubs in Singapore to Dance ’til Dawn
January 07, 2021
After dark, Singapore instantly transforms itself into a vibrant entertainment hub. And busy modern executives change their formal clothes to revel in the hustle and bustle of the nightlife. Bursting through the night is a way of living life to the fullest.
And live-wire revelers in Singapore can find their places of entertainment in plenty of nightclubs where they can drink and dance until sunrise. Besides popular clubs at Crystal Pavilion, Mohammed Sultan, and Clarke Quay, where else in Singapore can clubbers let themselves melt in a party ambience with either live band performances or a mixture of songs played by DJs through powerful PA systems?
Let find out the answers with our list of the 7 best nightclubs in Singapore.
See also: The 7 Best Rooftop Bars In Singapore
See also: 5 Best Gay-friendly Nightspots in Singapore
ZOUK is the most popular nightclub in Singapore that attracts not only local residents but also international travelers. Providing excellent clubbing experience to customers for more than 23 years, this award-winning club has long been recognized as one of the best nightlife attractions in Singapore.
- Excellent local and international DJs: Besides seven talented resident DJs – Adrian Wee, DJB, Ghetto, Hong, Jeremy Boon, Lincey and Matthew – Zouk nightclub often brings in best guest DJs all over the world like Tiesto, Hardwell, Carl Cox, Avicii, Roger Sanchez, Paul Oakenfold, Adam Freeland, Afrojack, and Shadow.
- World-class nightclub: Top-notch sound systems, state-of-the-art lighting, great drink menu, and music as well as dynamic and fashionable crowds stand out Zouk. It is a favourite place to hang around of local clubbers and tourists.
RELAXING ROOMS: Zouk nightclub complex consists of one wine bar and four clubs, called Zouk, Phuture, Velvet Underground – Dance and Velvet Underground – Lounge.
- Zouk: The main dance hall, hosting up to 1,500 people, is where trance, techno and house music are well-performed. Most of the events like live performances, fashion shows and exhibitions are regularly organized here.
- Phuture: This is the place to enjoy hip hop, R&B and urban music. Adventurous decoration with an awesome big LED wall, cool-designed chairs and bar stools are the highlights of Phuture.
- Velvet Underground – Dance: Another dance floor of the Zouk complex is available at this place. Its impressive LED-covered wall and ceiling provide clubbers with a colourful and lively ambience.
- Velvet Underground – Lounge: It is one of the most luxurious lounges in our island city that features a lush, premier and warm atmosphere. The lounge is often patronized by working professionals and expats.
- Wine Bar: Serving great drinks in a relaxing ambience, Wine Bar is a nice place to gather and chat with friends before or after clubbing.
- Velvet Underground, Phuture & Zouk: S$30 for men and S$25 for ladies (including 2 house drinks)
- Free admission to the Wine Bar
- Minimum entry age at Zouk & Phuture & Wine Bar is 18 years old
- Minimum entry age at Velvet Underground Dance & Velvet Underground Lounge
- is 21 years old for ladies and 23 years old for men.
- No short pants, slippers or open toe sandals policy applies to men.
Zouk: Wed, Fri, Sat & Eves of PH: 23:00 till late
- Wed 22:00 till late
- Fri, Sat & Eves of PH: 21:00 till late
Velvet Underground – Lounge: Wed, Fri, Sat & Eves of PH: 22:00 till late
Velvet Underground – Dance: Fri, Sat & Eves of PH: 22:00 till late
- Tue 18:00 to 02:00
- Wed & Thu 18:00 to 03:00
- Fri & Sat 18:00 to 04:00
Variety is the soul of Attica - the hottest club at Clarke Quay. Its two levels with different characteristics attract party-goers in different ways. Attica Level 1 is the world of furiously flashing lights, sprawling couches, and immersing beats of R&B and Top 40s hits. Luxury in the background of House, Trance, and Electro music is offered at Attica Level 2. The club draws a vibrant young crowd of both locals and expats who are fashionable, and stylish.
- Most happening nightclub at Clarke Quay: Although there are many clubs, bars, and pubs at Clarke Quay, Attica stands out as the most popular one. This club is impressive because of excellent dance music, great cocktails, exciting crowds, and an extremely fun atmosphere.
- Best ladies nights in town: Unlike other clubs offering only a few complimentary drink options for ladies on their nights, Attica provides ladies more drink choices. This nightclub also pampers ladies with free desserts like Jager Meister ice cream, tiramisu with Kahlua shots, and champagne-soaked strawberries. But the best part must be its dazzling award for ladies as a 750ml martini bottle will be given to the best-dressed group. Available on every Wednesday, this amazing night is called “Guilty Pleasures”.
ATTICA CLUBS: Attica has recently been renovated and it now has four areas, of which Attica Level 1 and Attica Level 2 provide two beautiful dance floors that can host up to 800 clubbers. Connecting Attica Level 1 and 2 is The Courtyard, a cosy alfresco area that is perfect for taking a break or mingling with friends between dancing times. Outside Attica’s main doors is Bar Rose, a nice champagne and martini bar overlooking the Singapore River.
ATTICA DJS: There are four skillful resident DJs at Attica, they are DJ Stingray, The Partyman, DJ Raw, and female DJ JCherish.
DRESS CODE: Dress to impress
Attica Level 1
- Wednesday: 22:30 till 04:00
- Friday, Saturday and Eve of Public Holiday: 22:30pm till 04:00
Attica Level 2
- Wednesday: 23:00 – 05:00
- Friday, Saturday and Eve of Public Holiday: 23:00 – 05:30
- Tuesday to Saturday: 18:00 till late
- Eve of Public Holiday: 18:00 till late
- Wednesday (Ladies night): free for ladies (includes one complimentary drink and a special weekly dessert); S$30 for men (inclusive of two drinks)
- Friday & Saturday: S$30 (inclusive of two drinks)
Fans of Home Club are now gifted with a more enjoyable nightlife concept: Canvas, a multi-purpose space. After the transformation, Canvas has a new art-filled look while lots of charm of the former club has remained. There are still great music, reasonably priced drinks, and dazzling events for fun-seekers to enjoy.
Scan through the Highlights to know the new features of this riverside lounge-club.
- A nightclub where music meets art: It means that more senses are entertained at the same time. While music is a must at any nightclub, art is an add-on. But if we can have both, which are done beautifully and blend well together, then it is a good deal to enjoy the two with just an entry fee. Those who are interested in digital art, street art, photography, installations, fashion, and film will have a double fun time at Canvas.
- Music that everyone can enjoy: From mainstream to indie, their resident and international guest DJs give partygoers the amazing sounds of Afro-Latin, Swing, House, Techno, and Nu-Disco to dance the night away. There is a bit of everything that is bass-heavy.
- Stand-up comedy with Singapore’s most famous drag queen comedian: Being true to its aim – providing an entertainment lifestyle space, Canvas infuses stand-up comedy, which is one of the main draws of the former Home Club, into its nights. You can start your night out at Canvas with some laughter, brought to your mouth by Kumar, before continuing your nightlife adventure somewhere else.
- Resident DJs: Ming, Jerls, and William J
- Guest DJs: Feel (Russia), Shortcut (US), Nakadia (Berlin), Kutski (UK), and many others
THE CROWD: Young professionals and expats
LADIES NIGHTS: Thursdays are Ladies Nights at Canvas. Ladies will be served with a free flow of vodka from 22:00 to 02:00.
HAPPY HOURS: From 17:00 – 21:00, there are 1-for-1 deals on bottled beers, half-pints of beer, or wine by the glass.
STAND UP COMEDY: Started at 21:00 on alternate Tuesdays. Ticket is at $30.
COVER CHARGE: $S20 – $30 (include a free drink)
Altimate is there to please those looking for a luxury clubbing experience in Singapore. This CBD location nightspot is a much-loved venue of locals and expats who value some good drinks and laughter after work.
Find yourself a comfortable place among the club’s plush leather booth seating areas and let the sky-high party begin.
- Clubbing with a killer view: Picture an ultra-lounge sit on the 61st floor of One Raffles Place, one of the tallest skyscrapers in Singapore. At that height, you can expect a panoramic, breathtaking view that will serve as a splendid backdrop for your drinking and socializing night.
- Partying with the finest cocktails and beautiful crowd: Their creative cocktails and premium spirits will give you a beautiful start. The hypnotizing neon lights and music will set your mood. And the stylish, young professional partygoers will make your experience drenched in their dynamic, youthful energy.
MUSIC: House genres
THE CROWD: Young professional locals and expats
COVER CHARGE: $30 per pax
DRINK PRICES: From $18 for house pours; from $20 for cocktails; from $180 for champagnes; and from $220 for whisky, tequila, vodka, and gin bottles.
One of the trendiest nightclubs around town, Bang Bang has built quite a reputation among A-listers such as Will I Am, LMFAO, and Gordon Ramsay for its unparalleled party scene which has turned it into one of the hottest nightlife destinations in Asia. The club, situated in the luxurious, 5-star Pan Pacific hotel, attracts foreign and local party lovers with its top-notch service and high-energy space.
- Top-notch bottle service and private parties: Situated in one of the finest locations in Marina Bay, the 5000 sq. foot venue can hold up to 400 party lovers, providing an intimate space for the nightclub savvy to enjoy private parties and VIP services for special occasions such as birthdays and anniversaries. The club has a special birthday package providing VIP table, express entry, and private security. If you’re feeling extra-splurgy, you may want to treat your guests with a bottle of Armand de Brignac Brut Gold Champagne costing around $10,000!
- ‘Wild Wednesdays’ ladies nights: Ladies are in for a treat mid-week as the sexy go-go dancers take the spotlight on Wild Wednesdays to entertain the crowds all night. Book your RSVP in advance and get five complimentary drinks for free till 1 a.m.
- International DJs and high-energy music: The club boasts an impressive list of popular DJs from Las Vegas and New York City who keep the crowd on its feet by playing high energy hip hop and EDM music till 6 a.m. The nightclub’s state-of-the-art sound system and cleverly lit dance floor will surely take your clubbing experience to the next level.
- Nightlife destination loved by celebrities: Singapore’s hottest nightlife destination has served as an attraction for some of the biggest international celebrities with its 45 foot long HD wall adorned with LED lights, bear mascots, and wild cages with go-go dancers.
DRESS CODE: Style and elegance are the name of the game at this luxury nightclub. Ladies, throw on your sexiest cocktail dresses and a classy pair of heels for a memorable night filled with fun and madness. Bang Bang also has a very strict dress code requiring men to dress in buttoned-down shirt, formal pants, and shoes. No flip-flop guys, sorry!
- Ladies: 18 years old
- Men: 21 years old
Reopening their doors in the heart of Orchard, Cherry Discotheque is an underground haven for old-school hip hop lovers. With DJ Fvder spinning the tracks in a hip, aesthetic and neon-lit venue, put on your funkiest slacks and join the fun at Cherry Discotheque.
- Funky retro decor that brings it all back: Kitted in disco balls, vintage neon-lights, and arcade games, Cherry Discotheque will bring back nostalgic memories of artsy, retro nightclubs. Cherry Discotheque is the new cool kid on the block and attracts a unique crowd with a laid-back street vibe.
- Best 90’s Throwback Event: Enjoy some DJ-spun 90’s hits that on their 90’s nights, with only 30$ entry + 2 free drinks. What’s even better, ladies enter free before midnight. Sing your heart out to old-school favorites from Britney Spears, The Backstreet Boys, and Beyonce as you dance the night away under the disco lights.
Dress Code: Casual – streetwear
Cover Charge: $30 + two free drinks (Ladies enter free most nights)
Kilo Lounge has gained popularity over the past months for being one of the best places to enjoy an evening filled with good food, fun and laughter. Tucked away from the mainstream in the back alley of Tanjong Pagar Road, this hidden gem provides the perfect atmosphere for party lovers to unwind after a long work week.
- Free-flow cocktails for ladies in Wednesdays: On Wednesdays, the lounge opens its doors at 6 p.m. for a night of uninhibited fun for the ladies with free alcohol after 10 p.m. and no cover charge (men must pay an entry fee of $20 on Wednesdays).
- Soul vibes on Raeggae Thursdays (free entry): This club has something for everyone. On Thursdays, the true-blue and soul fans are in for a treat as the reggae music and dance hall beats keep the patrons grooving all night. Kilo Lounge knows how to get a party started by offering free complimentary drinks on the house to those who arrive before midnight. Party-lovers can also find certain discounts on bar foods along with one-for-one deals on house pours and wines on Thursdays.
- A myriad of local and international DJs: Whether its Singapore’s very own Dancehall queen MAS1A or DJ Wild from France, parties in Kilo Lounge are often hosted by world-renowned DJs providing quality music to dance fanatics to keep their energy levels up.
- Asian fusion cuisine and inventive drinks: The unique Asian style menu at Kilo is nothing like the usual bar food that you find around the country. The lounge’s menu offers dishes like Furikake Popcorn with Jalapeño Honey, Truffled Tai Yuzu Roll and their popular Wasabi Tuna Tartar which are nothing short of an upscale restaurant quality. Here you can find anything from signature-style spicy margaritas to Kilo Mojitos and shots of deadly jalapeno tequila which are not for the faint of heart.
MORE ABOUT KILO LOUNGE:
The Lounge first opened in 2014 in Ture building at 66 Kampong Bugis but it later shut down due to zoning issues. Initially, its industrial themed lounge gave a rustic vibe to guests who had to clamber into a manually operated cargo lift covered in graffiti art in order to get to the lounge area on the 8th floor. In December 2016, Kilo announced its comeback, this time in the back alley of Tanjong Pagar Road, retaining some of its original charm and rustic theme with graffitied doors, concrete tunnel and unisex toilets.
- $20 in cash at the door
- Free entry on Thursdays
MINIMUM AGE: 21 years old
We recommend for you
You may also like
Frequently Asked Questions about Singapore