5 Best Gay-friendly Nightspots in Singapore
May 25, 2023
Whether you are stopping by Singapore for a quick visit or are an expat or local, Singapore’s gay-friendly nightlife scene will surely have something in store for you. Most gay bars and clubs in our city are populated along the famous Neil Street of Chinatown, so enjoying a bar hopping night is an ease. You’ll find everything from laid-back bistros & cafes, to hardcore fist-pumping nightclubs.
Not sure where to go? Read on to discover the 5 best gay bars in Singapore! Included in the mix is a well-loved, diverse beach-club, for the ultimate summer party!
Located on the popular Neil Street, this inter-connected venue is surely out there to please! Figure out your way through this maze, as you immerse yourself in the crowds of expats, locals, and tourists.
Recognized as one of the hottest gay-friendly venues in Singapore, this massive bar-trio features adventurously potent cocktails, hip tunes, and distinctive lounge spots.
- 3-in-1 venue that has it all: This eclectic bar & café has everything you need for the perfect night out with the boys. With 2 outdoor party spaces and 3 distinct bars, this place is a massive hit amongst the gay community in Singapore! Relax on the plush couches on the second floor (May Wong’s), and stare at the framed memorabilia of May Wong plastering the walls. Want a bit more action? Head down to the first floor and have a craft beer to start your night. Make your way out to the courtyard to mingle with the crowd, and bounce around to upbeat music hits.
- Double shots every day at S$13: Drink up! Enjoy some potent drinks for just $13 or less a glass! Why not try the double-shot house pours for an alcoholic kick you won’t forget?
- Large selection of tantalizing cocktails: Watch as the skillful bartender whips up your favorite cocktail in minutes. Tantric shares some of the most potent drinks in Singapore, with flavors that are bound to tickle your taste buds! If you are looking for something extra-strong, feel your head spin from the most potent concoction in the house, called ‘Blue Spin’.
Previously located on Neil Road, Taboo club has recently moved to its new location on Duxton Road. This club has evolved over time, transforming from one of the fiercest gay dance clubs in Singapore to an LGBT-friendly café and bar.
- The diverse crowd for the ultimate eclectic experience: You will witness a whole new side of Singaporean nightlife in Taboo! Blend in with the random mix of clubbers, and don’t be surprised if you sight T-shirts flying off on the heated dancefloor.
- Weekly theme nights & international DJs: Never get bored of Taboo. With varying weekly events, such as FLIRT Fridays and HandBag Nite or star guest appearances, you will always want to come back for more. Check out their website for upcoming events, and choose a party night with the music genre that gets your heart going and your fist pumping.
- Cool-down Fruitti Margaritas: After breaking a sweat on the dancefloor, quench your thirst with one of the 5 special fruity cocktails, ranging from watermelon, pineapple, to lychee and lime!
This clever abbreviation gives a hush-hush aura to this venue. Starting in 2008, ‘Does Your Mother Know’ is one of the most popular gay-friendly bars in Singapore. Taking the place of a restored shophouse, DYMK is the perfect place to kick-back and relax during the day, and go wild by night.
- Home-away-from-home atmosphere with retro 80’s hits: Enjoy the creative décor, comfy couches, original artwork and wooden settees, for a cozy night that is far from ordinary. Relax with the warmly-lit glow, while you chat to friends and sip on your drink. Once you’re ready to show off your moves, head upstairs for some old-school music and dive into the busy dancefloor. Watch out though! On the last Thursday of every month, DYMK converts into a very heated S&M party.
- Themed nights with fantastic drink promos: For just $10, you can enjoy a refreshing martini on Tuesdays & Thursdays. Drink up the Lychee Martini, which is a fan-favorite cocktail at DYMK.
- Open daily & can be reserved for unforgettable private parties: Stop by at any day of the week and try out a new cocktail or wine. Whether you are enjoying a post-work break, or getting your night started, DYMK is the right bar for you! Want to book out the place for your next event? DYMK allows you to do so! Call or text them at 86083165 to reserve the spot.
- Sunday to Thursday: 18:00 to 00:00
- Friday: 19:00 – 01:00
- Saturday: 20:00 – 02:00
ADDRESS: 41 Neil Rd, Singapore 088824
PHONE: (65) 6224 3965
Follow the yellow-brick road to this Wizard of Oz-inspired, gay-friendly venue. Savor some tasty and affordable drinks while you enjoy a view of Chinatown from the balcony area. Dorothy's takes pride in its friendly (and attractive) staff, extensive list of promotions, and vibrant yet relaxed ambiance.
- Weekly drink promos for the most wallet-friendly deals: This venue is famous for its wonderful happy hours (6-8 pm), promos, and drink offers! Enjoy a new deal every single day of the week! Grab up a house beer for $10 all night on Mondays, wine for $10 on Tuesdays, and a 1-for-1 martini on Wednesdays. What about the rest of the week? Get the buzz you need to get your night started, with some potent shots for $ 15 all night long. Want two more on a Friday? $15 triple shots are offered! On Saturdays, get the most out of your dollar with happy hour, from 6-8 pm and 12-2 am.
- Absinthe towers to fire up the night: Feeling extra adventurous? Dorothy’s is the only bar in Singapore that is brave enough to offer Absinthe towers and shots. If you’re feeling brave (and not driving home) have a couple and wait for the buzz to hit you hard!
Famed as one of the world's best beach clubs, Tanjong is the ultimate peaceful hideaway during the weekdays. On the weekends, this beach strip quickly transforms into a lively and carefree venue. On Sundays, you can expect large crowds of gay partygoers.
- All-in-one venue: Tanjong Beach Club combines a sophisticated restaurant, classy bar, and vibrant club, all in one strip nestled away on Sentosa Island! Soak up the sun and lie down on the hot sand, enjoy a Spanish Bloody Mary by the bar ($19), or vibe out to the music as you engross yourself in the diverse crowd. Feeling sophisticated? Nimble on some European-inspired cuisine, such as the seafood linguini ($39) or the specialty fish and chips ($28). By night, drink up buckets of booze and dance the night away to some of the finest live-DJ events.
- Variety of music styles and frequent events: Looking for Soul music, House, or even some cheesy boogie music? Tanjong boasts year-long events to get your body fired up and excited for ‘that’s my song’ moments. Check out their Facebook page for the latest events.
- Private reservations for the ultimate beach party with your group: Feel exclusive when you book this venue for your event. Tanjong Beach hosts events and caters to any group size. Book out the chic dining room for an intimate dinner overlooking the crystal-clear waters, or the beach strip for a massive party on the sand!
We recommend for you
You may also like
Frequently Asked Questions about Singapore