5 Best Gay-friendly Nightspots in Singapore
Entertainment | May 25, 2017
Whether you are stopping by Singapore for a quick visit or are an expat or local, Singapore’s gay-friendly nightlife scene will surely have something in store for you. Most gay bars and clubs in our city are populated along the famous Neil Street of Chinatown, so enjoying a bar hopping night is an ease. You’ll find everything from laid-back bistros & cafes, to hardcore fist-pumping nightclubs.
Not sure where to go? Read on to discover the 5 best gay bars in Singapore! Included in the mix is a well-loved, diverse beach-club, for the ultimate summer party!
- 3-in-1 venue that has it all: This eclectic bar & café has everything you need for the perfect night out with the boys. With two outdoor party-spaces and 3 distinct bars, this place is a massive hit amongst the gay community in Singapore! Relax on the plush couches on the second floor (May Wong’s), and stare at the framed memorabilia of May Wong plastering the walls. Want a bit more action? Head down to the first floor and have a craft bear to start your night. Make your way out to the courtyard to mingle with the crowd, and bounce around to upbeat music hits.
- Affordable promotion drinks & juicy bites: Drink up! Enjoy some potent drinks for just $10 or less a glass! Why not try the double-shot house pours for an alcoholic-kick you won’t forget? Feeling a bit peckish? Head back up to May Wong’s Café for some hot finger food to satisfy those cravings.
- Large selection of tantalizing cocktails: Watch as the skillful bartender whips up your favorite cocktail in minutes. Tantric shares some of the most potent drinks in Singapore, with flavors that are bound to tickle your taste buds! If you are looking for something extra-strong, feel your head spin from the most potent concoction in the house, called ‘Blue Spin’.
- The hottest gay dance club with late closing time: Still not ready to go home after a few cocktails? Roll-up into Taboo, and party-all-night until you get ready to pass out at 4 am. After a night of bar-hopping on Neil Street, this is the ultimate venue to end your night in a boogie-coma!
- Diverse crowd for the ultimate eclectic experience: You will witness a whole new side of Singaporean night-life in Taboo! Blend in with the random mix of clubbers, and don’t be surprised if you sight T-shirts flying off on the heated dancefloor.
- Weekly theme nights & international DJs: Never get bored of Taboo. With varying weekly events, such as FLIRT Fridays and HandBag Nite or star guest appearances, you will always want to come back for more. Check out their website for the upcoming events, and choose a party-night with the music genre that gets your heart going and your fist pumping.
- Cool-down Fruitti Margaritas: After breaking a sweat on the dancefloor, quench your thirst with one of the 5 special fruity cocktails, ranging from watermelon, pineapple, to lychee and lime!
- Home-away-from-home atmosphere with retro 80’s hits: Enjoy the creative décor, comfy couches, original artwork and wooden settees, for a cozy night that is far from ordinary. Relax with the warmly-lit glow, while you chat to friends and sip on your drink. Once you’re ready to show off your moves, head upstairs for some old-school music and dive into the busy dancefloor. Watch out though! On the last Thursday of every month, DYMK converts into a very heated S&M party.
- Themed nights with fantastic drink promos: For just $10, you can enjoy a refreshing martini on Tuesdays & Thursdays. Drink up the Lychee Martini, which is a fan-favorite cocktail at DYMK.
- Open daily & can be reserved for unforgettable private parties: Stop by at any day of the week and try out a new cocktail or wine. Whether you are enjoying a post-work break, or getting your night started, DYMK is the right bar for you! Want to book out the place for your next event? DYMK allows you to do so! Call or text them at 86083165 to reserve the spot.
- Weekly drink promos for the most wallet-friendly deals: This venue is famous for their wonderful happy hours (6-8 pm), promos and drink offers! Enjoy a new deal every single day of the week! Grab up a house beer for $10 all night on Mondays, wine for $10 on Tuesdays, and a 1-for-1 martinis on Wednesdays. What about the rest of the week? Get the buzz you need to get your night started, with some potent shots for $ 15 all night long. Want two more on a Friday? $15 triple shots are offered! On Saturdays, get the most out of your dollar with happy hour, from 6-8 pm and 12-2 am.
- Absinthe towers to fire up the night: Feeling extra adventurous? Dorothy’s is the only bar in Singapore that is brave enough to offer Absinthe towers and shots. If you’re feeling brave (and not driving home) have a couple and wait for the buzz to hit you hard!
- All-in-one venue: Tanjong Beach Club combines a sophisticated restaurant, classy bar and vibrant club, all in one strip nestled away on Sentosa Island! Soak up the sun and lie down on the hot sand, enjoy a Spanish Bloody Mary by the bar ($19), or vibe-out to the music as you engross yourself in the diverse crowd. Feeling sophisticated? Nimble on some European-inspired cuisine, such as the seafood linguini ($39) or the specialty fish and chips ($28). By night, drink up buckets of booze and dance the night away to some of the finest live-DJ events.
- Variety of music styles and frequent events: Looking for Soul music, House, or even some cheesy boogie music? Tanjong boasts year-long events to get your body fired up and excited for ‘that’s my song’ moments. Check out their Facebook page for the latest events.
- Private reservations for the ultimate beach party with your group: Feel exclusive when you book out this venue for your event. Tanjong Beach hosts events and caters for any group size. Book out the chic dining room for an intimate dinner overlooking the crystal-clear waters, or the beach strip for a massive party on the sand!
Frequently Asked Questions about Singapore
You may also like