The 7 Most Romantic Restaurants in Singapore 2022
Eat & Drink |
March 28, 2022
What could be better than being surrounded by dazzling city lights, with a glass of champagne in one hand while clutching your significant other’s hand in the other? Gazing into each other’s eyes and exchanging sweet nothings, only to be interrupted by your server laying down a perfectly cooked steak on your table? Even that cannot destroy the moment.
If you’re on the search for a romantic restaurant for your next date, look no further because we have done the work for you. Here’s our curated list of the 7 most romantic restaurants in Singapore [2022 review].
- A remarkable beverage menu at Gin Parlour @ The Clifford Pier: What is romance without a bottle of wine or a glass of other spirited cocktails? Gin Parlour @ The Clifford Pier curates a remarkable beverage menu that features the richest selection of gin from different parts of the world such as Spain, Germany, and Japan. They also have a list of wines from France, Australia, Italy, and Chile.
- “Live” hawker stations: Singapore’s hawker culture has shaped the country’s culinary landscape, with its history tracing back to the 1800s. When the place operated as a pier up to the early 2000s, hawker stalls lined up the docks to provide nourishment to sailors and traders. It is a part of history that The Clifford Pier would want to keep, so chefs whip up classic hawker fare including Laksa, Popiah, and Hainanese Chicken Rice.
- Luxurious wedding venue: Reserve a table at The Clifford Pier for a romantic dinner, or book the entire place for the most romantic day of your life—it’s your choice, really. With a maximum capacity of 50 persons, you can have the intimate, luxurious wedding you’ve always dreamed of, surrounded by people that you love the most. You’ll be surprised to find The Clifford Pier’s affordable wedding package that is packed with great offerings such as choices between a 4-course Western menu and a 5-course Chinese menu, complimentary bottle of wine per table, a vintage Rolls Royce with chauffeur, and special wedding souvenirs for your guests.
- Chef’s Degustation Menu: Head Chef Felix Chong has more than 15 years of outstanding experience in Italian fine-dining, which he makes excellent use of in his special 6-course degustation menu. Starting at S$158, get ready to be satisfied with dishes that have placed Italy as an important culinary destination: homely, sophisticated, and made with love.
- Weekend all-you-can-eat Colapranzo brunch: Imagine yourself on a lazy weekend, taking delight in authentic Italian fare while admiring the beautiful Marina Bay. Starting at S$68 for adults and S$34 for children, you can enjoy appetizers, pasta, steak and other meats, luxurious side dishes, and desserts that will have you saying, “Delizioso!”
- Daily free-flow affair from 16:30 – 19:30 or 19:30 – 22:30: Celebrating an important milestone? How does S$78 for 3 hours of free-flowing roséwines, Prosecco, spritzers, and beers sound to you? Sounds like a great deal, right?
- Weekend brunch menu: Lazy weekend in paradise enjoying mouthwatering brunch delights with free-flowing freshly-brewed coffee or black tea? Yes, please! On weekends and public holidays, The Halia offers brunch from 10:00 to as late as 17:00, so there’s no need to wake up early just to get brunch. Weekends are all about that extra hour of sleep anyway, right?
- Vegetarian options: Gone are the days when vegetarian dishes meant boring, tasteless mishmash of veggies. At The Halia, vegetarian options are just as scrumptious as non-vegetarian offerings that their menu could actually convert non-vegetarians to go green. Dried olive, salted artichoke chips, feta cheese, and espelette chili pepper, anyone?
- Romantic events venue: The Halia partners with Garden Events Singapore to deliver memorable events that wow every client, every guest, and even themselves. How would it feel to celebrate special milestones in your life in this piece of heaven? Purely blissful.
- Chef’s Menu by Chef Andrea de Paola: Chef Andrea de Paola is one of the youngest chefs to shape Singapore’s culinary landscape. As Singapore’s Top Restaurants star-awardee, Chef De Paola’s cooking philosophy focuses on the skillful use of homegrown produce to deliver impeccable dishes with powerful, sophisticated flavors. His 6-course menu, which comes with a wine pairing option, is the perfect way to enjoy the picturesque view, romantic ambiance, and signature Italian hospitality.
- Italian table brunch menu: Aside from romance, Zafferano is keen on taking the Italian table brunch culture to Singapore. Served for sharing, this menu showcases well-loved antipasti, secondi, and dolci such as Stracciatella, Gamberi, Risotto, and Tiramisu. Starting at S$98, brunch already includes free-flowing sparkling wine, house white and red wines, beer, soft drinks, juices, and coffee/tea.
- Walk-in wine cellar: Zafferano has a walk-in wine cellar where they curate New and Old World wines including more than 200 just from Italy, plus a lot more from other countries. Their wine connoisseurs are always ready with their wine pairing recommendations, so don’t hesitate to ask.
- Extraordinary underwater dining experience: There is no other place in Singapore (or Southeast Asia, for that matter) that allows you to indulge in Mediterranean-Californian fusion cuisine while marveling at around 40,000 friendly marine creatures. While the place is undoubtedly romantic, it is also a wonderful place to take the kids as they develop an appreciation for the sea and the life in it.
- Festive set lunch and dinner menus: Starting at S$78 for lunch and S$168 for dinner, Ocean Restaurant’s set menus take the guesswork out of ordering the best dishes from the menu. Each menu features a cold and hot appetizer, an entrée, and a dessert.
- Intimate wedding venue: Ocean Restaurant allows you to celebrate your journey to forever in a truly rare and unforgettable way. With a capacity of up to 69 people, share this most romantic moment with the most important people in your life—and 40,000 water creatures.
- Classic European favorites with a contemporary touch: Nothing spells Old World charm cuisine better than European classics, and at The White Rabbit, traditional European fare is given an elevated, modern treatment to result in a feast of all the senses. Take, for example, the Russian classic Stroganoff, The White Rabbit has successfully crafted an upscale version by using Iberico pork and infusing the sauce with earthy black truffles.
- The Rabbit Hole: Just as Alice went down the rabbit hole to get to Wonderland, The Rabbit Hole takes you to an inebriated playground state of mind with their hand-picked selection of gin and gin-tonic concoctions. Singapore’s only gin garden, it is the perfect after-dinner nightcap.
- Picnic baskets: Yes, the chapel has indeed been converted to a romantic restaurant, but to have a “picnic under the blue skies” is also another experience that promises spectacular memories. The White Rabbit offers two picnic basket options: the Picnic Essentials Kit and the Lavish Gourmet Basket, to be relished in the lush green gardens by the chapel.
- Omakase style dining experience: The menu at Corner House evolves in harmony with the changing of the seasons and the creative juices of Chef David Thien and his team. Starting at S$78 for lunch and $168 for dinner, you can choose a 3-course, 5-course, or 7-course lunch; or a 5-course, 6-course, or 7-course dinner. Part of the experience is being surprised with every masterpiece that is laid out before you.
- Exquisite wine collection: Wine Culture, touted as Singapore’s “fine and rare wine merchant”, takes care of Corner House’s wine collection. The restaurant’s wine cellar displays a mix of rare vintages and New World American cult labels, each bottle meticulously discerned to give guests perfect wine pairings.
- Whispering Corner: For a truly romantic dining experience, book the Whispering Corner, a private space on the second floor that gets its added grandeur from the natural light that floods through the glazed windows.
We recommend for you
Eat & Drink
You may also like
Frequently Asked Questions about Singapore