Indian Restaurants Association Singapore (the “Organiser”) welcomes and celebrates Deepavali with the second iteration of The Great Indian Food Festival (the “Festival”) from 9th to 23rd November 2020.
Supported by the Singapore Tourism Board, The Great Indian Food Festival showcases and promotes the diversity and appreciation for Indian cuisine. Incorporating elements of eat, play and learn, the Festival hopes to share joy with the community through the sharing of food and imparting of knowledge and skills.
This year, the Festival brings celebration closer to home through online events and home delivery. It also places a greater spotlight on local businesses at some of the 12 partnering restaurants around Little India.
Three main highlights of The Great Indian Food Festival are:
HIGHLIGHT 1 – Celebrate with Treats by Chef Milind Sovani at Home
One of the key highlights of the Festival is the official Deepavali snack boxes from Gayatri, specially curated by Chef Milind Sovani. The boxes pay tribute to the classics of Deepavali treats with a healthier modern twist handcrafted to precision.
There are two Deepavali snack boxes available:
- The Festival Gift Box: 3 varieties, total 9 pieces of handcrafted sweets including Chef Milind’s signature sweet treat using fresh Alphonso mangos with a twist of white chocolate. Retailing at SGD28 Nett.
- Deepawali Luxury Collection: 5 varieties of sweets – total 18 pieces of handcrafted sweets, and 3 types of savour including Kaju Katli, India’s most iconic milk-based, toasted cashew nut sweet layered with thin slivers, and Roasted Almonds, oven roasted almonds dusted with in-house masala mix. Retailing at SGD 84 Nett.
Call 6294 6294 Or Whatsapp 9424 2070 to order
HIGHLIGHT 2 – Embark on a Discovery Food Trail of Local Indian Restaurants
Taste unique dishes available only during Deepavali. Enjoy promotional items and learn more about spices and the history of Little India with partnering restaurants that form The Great Indian Food Festival food trail.
Highlights of some of the participating restaurants include:
- Ananda Bhavan – Special truffle masala dosa, available only at the restaurant.
- Gayatri Restaurant – The Great Indian Food Festival official snack boxes.
- Jaggi’s – Guess and understand spices used in Indian cuisine in the restaurant’s spice challenge.
- Komala Vilas – Travel back in time and learn about one of Singapore’s oldest Indian vegetarian restaurants.
- Madras New Woodlands – Featured promotional dishes: Slider | Appam | Bhatura
- Muthu’s Curry – Spicy food challenge! Featuring 3 curries with spice level from 1 to 3.
To participate, download the map and digital passport of the food trail at https://giff.irasingapore.com*
HIGHLIGHT 3 – Facebook Live Demo with Chef Milind Sovani
Tune in to Chef Milind Sovani’s Facebook Live stream at where he will share tips to preparing Indian cuisine and insights into the symbolism of food during Deepavali. He will also demonstrate his celebrated recipes in this rare online opportunity. Happening at 11.30am on 21 and 28 November 2020. Log in to https://www.facebook.com/GIFF2020SG/ for further details.
COVID-19 Safe Distancing:
While it is important to foster a sense of community and connection with one another, the Organiser strongly advocates strict adherence to group size and safe distancing measures.