Filed in best math tuition centres | March 25, 2021
Mr Tim Lim, the founder of Captain Mathematica Tuition Centre, became a Maths tutor in 2007. He has not only an aptitude for the subject but also a love of coaching others. Over his 14 years working as a tutor, he has guided over 400 students through their math learning journey.
Mr Lim's numerous qualifications include a Master’s degree in Applied Mathematics from NUS.
At Captain Mathematica, Mr Lim is assisted by a team of 5 tutors. The top 3 associate tutors are:
Mr Gareth, who began tutoring his peers right from Junior College. He enjoys aiding others by sharing knowledge with them. He has a degree in Applied Mathematics and computer science from the National University of Singapore.
Mr James is a tutor with 7 years of experience. He specializes in GCE ‘A ‘levels H1/H2 mathematics.
Mr Isaac is an associate tutor who believes in the need for understanding the basic concepts of Maths. He is pursuing a Master’s degree in Maths at the National University of Singapore.
- At the centre, mathematics is simplified to make it relatable to students.
- Concise notes and past year papers are shared and discussed.
- Students are assisted on-site as well as through online recordings and via WhatsApp
- Students who join late in the year are offered supplementary materials to assist them to catch up.
- The centre offers a financial assistance scheme.
Over a period of 11 years, more than 400 students have been assisted to master the subject of Maths and develop a love for it. 95% of the students have achieved a 2-grade improvement after 6 months of tutoring. A good number of them score B’s and A’s at GCE ‘A’ Levels.
The figures below represent the range of fees payable for 2-month sessions depending on the months of the year.
Best math tuition centres
You may also like