Kaya is a sweet and creamy coconut jam that is commonly enjoyed on toast or as a topping for several desserts and cakes. It is made from a few simple ingredients, including coconut milk, eggs, sugar, and pandan leaves, which give it a distinct green color and a fragrant aroma.
Kaya jam is often served as part of a traditional Singaporean breakfast known as kaya toast. This delicious dish consists of toasted bread generously spread with kaya jam and slathered with a thick slice of butter.
Kaya toast is commonly enjoyed with a cup of hot tea or coffee and has become a beloved staple in many Singaporean coffee shops and breakfast spots.
Kaya spread is available in jars for you to bring home.
- Killiney Handmade Kaya 280g: S$6.80
- Killiney Eggless Kaya: S$9.50
- Ya Kun Kaya 290g: S$6.30
- BreadTalk Nyonya Kaya 100g: S$3.60
- Glory Nyonya Kaya 400g: S$3.70
- FairPrice Kaya 410g: S$3.30
- Heavenly Wang Kaya 270g: S$3.93
- Tong Heng Nyonya Kaya 280g: S$7.20
- Violet Oon’s Artisanal Kaya 270g: S$13
WHERE TO BUY:
- Ya Kun Kaya Toast shops islandwide
- Changi Airport souvenir shops
- Supermarkets islandwide