Wei Yi Laksa & Prawn Noodle
Filed in best laksa | March 26, 2020
West siders take pride in having the best laksa through Wei Yi. It is one of the few hawker stalls that allow customers to actually choose their favorites from various sets of ingredients. The serving may vary depending on sizes but the meaty toppings always come in generous amounts.
What are so special
- Build your own laksa: Unlike other laksa stalls serving their bowls with fixed sets of ingredients, Wei Yi lets diners build their laksa meals by choosing their favorite stuff. You can mix and match cockles, chicken, prawns, and fried bean curd depending on your mood.
- Deliciously intense flavour: If you’re used to Katong laksa, then you might probably expect that laksa in the west or in the north is no different – mildly spiced, creamy, and looks like flaming sunset in colour. Wei Yi’s laksa does look darker in curry colour but surprisingly, it is neither overly tangy nor sweetened.
- Open as early as 05:30 in the morning, so you now know your place for a delicious bowl of laksa when the early bird in you wants this dish for breakfast.
5 Best Laksa in Singapore That Every Local Love
- Wei Yi also offers very good prawn noodles.
- 15-to-30-minute waiting time should be expected.