Rhinoplasty is among the top 5 cosmetic surgeries worldwide.
In Asia, where most people are born with a less aesthetically pleasing nose, rhinoplasty has become one of the most sought-after plastic surgery procedures.
If you are one of those who wish to restructure your nose for aesthetic or medical purposes, you have come to the right article! We have prepared a guide for you to learn more about rhinoplasty in general and to choose your right clinic among the best in Singapore.
WHAT IS RHINOPLASTY?
Rhinoplasty, more familiarly known as a nose job, is a type of plastic surgery done to enhance the appearance of the nose, correct deformities, or improve nasal function.
WHAT ARE THE TYPES OF RHINOPLASTY?
There are two common types of rhinoplasty.
Open rhinoplasty entails creating an incision at the columella, the tissue at the base of the nose between the nostrils, and opening up the skin to provide better access to the nasal structure.
In closed rhinoplasty, the incision is created inside the nostrils, thus, leaving no visible scar.
WHAT ARE THE MATERIALS USED IN RHINOPLASTY?
- Silicone – A synthetic material that is the most commonly used implants for rhinoplasty
- Gore-Tex – Synthetic material similar to silicone that has pores to allow integration of the tissue
- Own Tissue (Autologous) – Tissue from your own cartilage is harvested for use in the surgery.
WHAT ARE THE COMMON RHINOPLASTY PROCEDURES IN SINGAPORE?
The following are the most common requested types of rhinoplasty procedure in Singapore:
- Asian Rhinoplasty – Augments flat and wide noses that are common among Asians to make the nose look higher.
- Reduction Rhinoplasty – Reduces the size of certain parts of the nose to make it appear smaller or narrower.
- Male Rhinoplasty – Enhances the nose to make it appear stronger and sharper that matches the common facial features among men.
- Hooked Nose Excision – Smoothens a protrusion or hump of a hooked nose
- Long Nose Correction – Corrects a lengthy nose to make it match the facial features of the patient.
- Revision Rhinoplasty – A secondary procedure to correct a bad nose job or to address issues resulting from a previous surgery
WHO IS SUITABLE FOR RHINOPLASTY?
You are a suitable candidate for rhinoplasty if you are above 18 years old with no known existing medical issues and if you have any of the following:
- Dorsal hump or a bump at the bridge of the nose
- Too wide or too narrow nose
- Asymmetrical nose
- Prominent nasal tip that is not proportionate to your face
- Drooping nasal tip
- Nasal airway issues
- Post-traumatic nasal deformity
IS RHINOPLASTY PAINFUL?
Anaesthesia is used during the surgery, so the patient will not feel any pain. Pain and swelling may be experienced for one week after surgery, but this can be addressed with pain medications.
ARE THERE ANY NON-SURGICAL ALTERNATIVES TO RHINOPLASTY?
Patients have the option to go for non-surgical alternatives to rhinoplasty that use fillers or threads. However, these procedures are not permanent and only recommended for minor nose restructuring.
WHAT IS THE COST OF RHINOPLASTY IN SINGAPORE?
Rhinoplasty in Singapore costs between S$3,000 and S$25,000 depending on the complexity and duration of the procedure.
A simple implant can cost from S$3,000 to S$5,000.
Hybrid procedures that use implants and harvested tissue can cost from S$8,000 to $15,000.
A total autologous rhinoplasty requires a hospital stay and can cost you from S$15,000 to S$25,000.
WHERE TO HAVE RHINOPLASTY IN SINGAPORE?
You can have the nose job safely done at an aesthetic clinic by a MOH accredited doctors. Find your right clinic and surgeon below.